We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Dark Matter Secrets - Abbott Magic Company (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4930 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Looking for a Review or opinions:

http://abbottmagic.com/Dark-Matter-Secrets-ABBdmsecrets.htm

"Over 80 years in the making. Abbott's Dark Matter Secrets is simply the greatest compilation of "spooky" magic effects ever assembled. The ultimate Halloween magic book, Abbott's Dark Matter Secrets has well over 100 effects (142 is our unofficial count) and includes Stage Illusions (complete with workshop plans), Side Show Illusions (again, complete with workshop plans), Parlor Effects, Escape Effects, Mentalism Effects, etc.

8.5" x 11" (21.59 x 27.94 cm) - 412 pages"
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Abbott's has gotten nothing but good feedback on this book. My favorite review is a comment about it on the youtube video at
http://youtu.be/-yiVPACOWcE (I have not gotten the ok from this person to repost his comment for promotion so I am just sending you the youtube link, you can read the comment below)

Below are some feedbacks we have gotten via email (I have gotten permission to repost these from these people)

In a world where the "good stuff" is hidden in obscure pamphlets and magazines long forgotten, Dark Matter Secrets stands out as a real treasure. This book contains literally hundreds of usable pieces of magic you aren't likely to find on your own - all in one volume. The magic imps at Abbott's combed through their vaults in search of some of the best releases from their nearly 80 years in business, re-type set most of it, and put it in this beautiful volume. From close-up bizarre magic, to major stage illusions, it's all here. It's about time someone puts a QUALITY product on ink and paper for professionals and hobbyists alike. If "Halloween" and "spooky" is your thing, you are going to LOVE this book from Abbott's! --Keith Stickley of Dr. Scream's Spook Show Revival

Thanks for a wonderful compilation of great Abbott spook magic. It truly is a must for anyone interested in the history or performance of such material, and a perfect product to come out of an old black building with skeletons on the front! Hope all is well in Colon. ...Rocky Clements

Hope this helps
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
What a fantastic bargain this compilation of Abbott's manucrips is. And the price: $25.00? How reasonable could you get. These things are a goldmine of great stunts , acts, tricks...I think you could make a living out of almost any given one of them. Just ordered, and can't wait to dive in.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
We continue to get very good feedback on the book, Greg is bringing a bunch of them to the IBM/SAM convention next week so if you are attending and are interested, stop by the Abbott booth. I would be interested in any comments or reviews.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of 13
Just got this ... what a TREASURE !!!

NOW AVAILABLE as PDF Download from Abbotts Magic
http://abbottmagic.com/DARK-MATTER-SECRE......RETS.htm
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Just take a look at the contents and you can begin to see what a trove of good stuff this is. And to think, with todays new materials and the progressions our field has taken, so many of these manuscripts and pamphlets can be rethought and morphed in many ways.

I grew up ordering and absorbing many of these manuscripts, and lusting after the ones I couldn't afford. Here they are in one large volume, an inch thick, 3 pounds and 411 pages. Physically.

And now a Download at $10? Put them on your tablet and get into them when you're bored. Congrats to Abbott's for this great offering. This was surely one of my best buys last year. And it just got better for everyone. Hot Damm!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
61 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
I happened to be looking at Abbot's site and came upon this. In addition to purchasing the book for 24.95 Greg is giving away one of these: Sympathetic Silks Manuscript, 1987 50th Anniversary Get Together, Eddie Joseph Come Good Spirits Book, Eddie Joseph How to Pick Pockets.
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
274 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Took advantage of the same deal last year. The book is a great resource and the freebees a bonus!
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
61 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
I forgot to ask. Better to have the actual book or the download?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Dark Matter Secrets - Abbott Magic Company (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL