The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Depression: I'm in a bad place (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Home now with family. One day at a time.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Hey Critter--

You don't know me, and I really don't know you. I've followed your posts, but who we are online is not always who we are, though your courage in these messages tells me you are laying out a lot of the real you here. I'm going to PM you some stuff that I hops will matter. PLEASE let me know how you are doing, as well as keeping up the lines of communication here.

Motley Mage--David Freeman
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Thanks everybody. As an update, I have been very busy with several appointments a day to try and get everything lined up and get a plan going. I've started a six month program of counselling and the organization that is doing this for me actually has positions with my degree and if I can get one they currently have a program for their employees that gives loan forgiveness after two years. I also got something to help me sleep. I've also started drawing again to get some of the stuff that's in my head out of it. And now I am watching Ghostbusters.
~Will Rogers
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Getting enough sleep can be a BIG help.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Just checking in.

How are you doing critter?

Most of your posts seem to be in the School shooting thread. Try and focus on the positive, eh?

-Mary Mowder
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Doing okay. Have a lot going on.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
So I finally got my anti-depressants today. They'll take a few weeks to start working. I also have some more of the stuff to help me sleep. Had a job interview last week but didn't get it. Filled out some more apps and a friend put in a word for me at one of the companies. I also had to get a new phone because mine died. And I've been drawing to focus some of my brain stuff. Also running and taking dog for more walks (on top of the Yoga I already do). Today they drew blood for testing to see if there's anything else they need to address (hormone and vitamin levels.)

And Critter Jr. has an ear infection.
~Will Rogers
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Glad to hear you got the anti-depressants.

Have a friend monitor how you react to them. My brother is on those (and several others) and getting the dosage right is a process.

Running or even walking can be a great help. Good for you for getting out there and being proactive.

Ear infections are common for Kids. If you are staying on top of it you should not be overly concerned.

Best luck on the job search.

-Mary Mowder
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Luckily I have a good support network, both in town and online. I'm still getting used to people actually caring how I'm doing. I am grateful for it but not always good at knowing how to respond to it since it's such a new thing.
~Will Rogers
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Still thinking of you and hope things are turning around for you. Positive thoughts sent. :O) Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2014, Chrystal wrote:
Still thinking of you and hope things are turning around for you. Positive thoughts sent. :O) Smile

Yes, me too... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Critter,

I had no idea you were having problem. I hope you will be OK. If you ever need anybody to talk to, you are more than welcome to call me as well at (478) 213-3991. My name is William Davenport. Remember, you are not alone in dealing with depression. Many others have dealt with it before. Stay strong my friend. It's not easy, but remember, though the bad times might be here now, they will soon pass and the good times will come again. Always remember that my friend. Never quit, never give up, stay strong and stay in the fight. Many people here will bend over backwards to help you out and make sure you are OK. You are not alone.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Thanks all. Just staying busy
~Will Rogers
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
We miss you around so know you have friends here.
Cheers
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I just found this, critter. You know how fond I've been of you for many years of café friendship. Please PM if you'd like to chat.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
722 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Hey Critter, I have dealt with major depression for many years and have survived three suicide attempts. Don't worry about the future or eeven tomorrow, concentrate on today. Make sure you laugh everyday and share your magic with other people.Hang in there, it gets better.

Charlie
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Someone told me that this comic described their feelings on depression:
http://www.akimbocomics.com/?p=573
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Wishing you 'well'.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Depression: I'm in a bad place (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL