The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Grab - Mark Calabrese (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Seems interesting ! It "grabbed" my attention Smile

A real performance is lacking from the demo though... I wonder what it looks like with a shuffled deck when the card is named.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgbt8dmLCdE
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Anyone tried this or knows the answer to my interrogation ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
For full disclosure, Mark is a friend of mine. I have watched him work on this effect for a long time. He taught me the inner-workings of it and we discussed every last detail. I can tell you this.....there is no BS in the trailer. You dribble the cards and LITERALLY snatch the named / selected card out of the middle. Will you be able to do this 5 minutes after watching the download ? Maybe. To get it perfect every single time, it will take practice. I liken it to the faro shuffle. In the beginning, you might get it to faro perfectly on the first try, but the more you do it, the closer it gets to working every time.

I think this is worth much more than $9. So buy it now and begin playing with it before ALL of your friends do

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Thanks David.

But I am correct in saying that with Grab, you can take a shuffled deck, ask the spectator to name any card, and grab it while dribbling ?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I bought this, it's funny, Mark doesn't hit it ONCE in the expo. Even though he can't seem to hit it (probably because it's *** hard), I did it a lot of times today, and must tell you: DON'T LISTEN TO MARK.

He lets the specs try, but makes sure they won't be able to do it. I say NO. I left the card in the center purposefully and my spec got it 6 TIMES IN A ROW! Reaction was AMAZING!

What's cool now is that if they screw up, it won't look like anything and you can screw up (as Mark states), but if they get it, and they probably will, you will destroy their brains!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I bought this, it's funny, Mark doesn't hit it ONCE in the expo. Even though he can't seem to hit it (probably because it's *** hard), I did it a lot of times today, and must tell you: DON'T LISTEN TO MARK.

He lets the specs try, but makes sure they won't be able to do it. I say NO. I left the card in the center purposefully and my spec got it 6 TIMES IN A ROW! Reaction was AMAZING!

What's cool now is that if they screw up, it won't look like anything and you can screw up (as Mark states), but if they get it, and they probably will, you will destroy their brains!
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
For the record, I hit it a few times. to say I don't hit it once is absurd. wether or not I hit it, you can understand that I am explaining the effect, talking and trying to make sure I keep the cards on the table
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
13 minutes into teaching I hit it 13:30 to be exact. and 16:11 and so on and so forth
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Again, with this method, can you can take a shuffled deck, ask the spectator to name any card, and grab it while dribbling ?
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Dorian: yes. the way I perform the effect the most, for lay people, is I ask them to name a card, with no fumbling of the deck I dribble, grab and I find their card.

once you know the method , you will understand how this is possible. the easy method would be to just have a person pick a card and place it into the deck, the cards can be shuffled and you are able to find the card via the grab technique.

I will say the named version would either require a technique that kostya kimlat is very well known for, OR using a deck that is in aronson, Tamariz, etc etc.

I also teach a method for having a spectator just think of a card (either sighted or thought of) and you're able to do grab
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I think it's very very cool but do you think it worth it?
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Otto Leisner
View Profile
New user
Norway
26 Posts

Profile of Otto Leisner
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, Ceierry wrote:

Ceierry, I purchased this effect on thursday, and the reactions I've gotten since then is amazing. This trick is an amazing way to demonstrate skills with a deck of playing cards, and it is definitely worth 9 dollars. You can use it as a single trick or you can do as I do: use it in your own routine (for example 4 ace production). This trick is my go to effect, and I really recommend it. It is not that hard to do, and it is fun to practice.
I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me - Frank Castello
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Practise? Oh, and I was really looking forward to getting this. Smile
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, Otto Leisner wrote:
Quote:

Ceierry, I purchased this effect on thursday, and the reactions I've gotten since then is amazing. This trick is an amazing way to demonstrate skills with a deck of playing cards, and it is definitely worth 9 dollars. You can use it as a single trick or you can do as I do: use it in your own routine (for example 4 ace production). This trick is my go to effect, and I really recommend it. It is not that hard to do, and it is fun to practice.

First post ? Humm... Well, may give it a try, after all Smile
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
I just downloaded it. Watched it and tried it a few times.
And I think it is really nice. I think the concept works.
You might miss from time to time but as Mark and Daniel explain on the download,
if you present this as a demonstration of skill, then missing one or two times actually strenghtens the
effect when you finally get it right.
That said I think you should be able to get this near 100 % if you put some effort into it.
For the required skill level:
I am by no means a card-shark but I do have got a solid foundation in card magic.
What I mean by that is that it is not incredibly hard to do, but you should be kind of comfortable with handling cards.
The more you've got a feeling for how cards behave the easier it will be to learn.
I think it is worth the money.
The teaching is solid.
I am happy with my purchase and would like to thank Mark for sharing this.

All the best,
LeXa
JollyGreenGiant
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of JollyGreenGiant
Quote:
On May 15, 2014, jf4viva wrote:
For the record, I hit it a few times. to say I don't hit it once is absurd. wether or not I hit it...

This sounds like a debate I once had with an old friend when talking about a hot blond cheerleader we went to high-school with...
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
On May 18, 2014, JollyGreenGiant wrote:
Quote:
On May 15, 2014, jf4viva wrote:
For the record, I hit it a few times. to say I don't hit it once is absurd. wether or not I hit it...

This sounds like a debate I once had with an old friend when talking about a hot blond cheerleader we went to high-school with...

that post made my day lol
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, Otto Leisner wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the answer, maybe I'll get the download today or so :p
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
He does hit the move a few times. Interesting concept, I like it
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On May 18, 2014, Alan Rorrison wrote:
He does hit the move a few times. Interesting concept, I like it

Only a few times ? Other reviews would be appreciated Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Grab - Mark Calabrese (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL