The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tricks with a mysterious token? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I bought a mysterious token off of eBay. Assuming it doesn't kill me, does anyone have any ideas for tricks I could do with it? The trick could use playing cards, magic squares, tarot cards, whatever. I'd just like to find a way to put it to good use.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1753 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Can you post a photo of it?
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I recently post several "mysterious tokens" on this forum, and possible routines using them.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Have you looked at Bobo's?
Bob
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
A photo would help but the curators excellent post should give you plenty of ideas !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
The post is called Agla Tetragamon sand is a littyle below this one.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Tetragamaton, sorry trying to type on a phone ;-)
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
691 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
I hve just finished reading a novel entitled, 'The Medusa Amulet' written by Robert Masello. The amulet in question is a pendant with the Gorgon's head on one side and a mirror on the reverse. Immortality is obtained by gazing into the mirror on a moonlit night! The plot is based upon a modern day quest to find the pendant.

The story travels through several time zones and involves in addition to the main plot and largely fictitious characters, the sculptor/artist Benvenuto Cellini, Cagliostro and Marie Antoinette, plus Pope Paul the Third.

Conjuring and Magick abounds! It's a fun read, well researched and presents several inspirational ideas for routines.

Recommended!

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Here is excerpts from one of my unpublished works where in I use a old token.

The following is based on real and actual events that occurred during the mid 1970s.

Many years ago when I was about 7 to 9 years of age a friend of mine at the time told me a rather interesting story about a witch that used to live in the area to the west of were we lived in an older neighborhood than ours. You must understand that the area in which we lived was a newer development and most of the other homes in this small town dated back to the 1950s or before. Some even date back well over a hundred years.

Later that summer we would start our search for the witches house.

About a month passed and we found nothing but we did gain some information from a friend of ours who lived over in that area that we may be in the wrong part of town. So later that week travel to an even older area in search of the witches house. To our surprise we came upon several abandoned houses in this area were searching. So we decided to sneak in to these houses and have a look around. In the first house we found nothing of any importance, In the second house we found nothing except there were 4 rectangles patches of concrete in the basement which we wondered what they were. We figured since the house was old at some point someone must had done some repairs. We came to this conclusion because all of the older men in our lives at the time were the handyman types who were always making us help fix stuff. In the third house nothing was found so we gave up the search.

We simple thought it was a story to scare the kids.

Then a week or two passed and my friend brought over an old coin made of lead that had strange symbols on it and four small holes hat had been drilled through the outer ridge of the coin. When I took the coin to take a closer look at it the neighbors aggressive dog who lived next to me and was always trying to eat me. Started to act even stranger than normal. So I took the coin and pointed it at him while holding the coin by the edge. The dog started to wine and ran in to his dog house and would not come back out. So I took the opportunity to jump the fence and get my ball back. All the while keeping the strange coin pointed in the direction of that mean dog. You see the dog was deathly afraid of this coin. That's when I knew the coin belonged to the witch.

Later I would be looking at it in the forest behind my house on our way to our secret fort we built year earlier. The coin was in my pocket and I was thinking about the symbols on it which at that time I did not understand. At this point I could hear the wind blowing strongly through the trees but when I pulled it out of my pocket is when everything got very strange.

Suddenly as it came in to contact with the rays of sunshine that was coming down through the trees every thing stopped. What I mean is it was like I stepped out of time I could still see the trees moving but I could hear no sound coming from them. Nor could I feel the wind. Or feel the heat of the sun. I could hear water of a river or something in the distance yet there was not even a creek anywhere near the fort.

Then it occurred to me in that moment what the strange holes that were drilled in to the coin were or more so represented and what those strange slabs were we found while sneaking in to the basement of the second house a short while before. The holes represented the souls of four people who were sacrificed. In some bizarre occult ritual and the slabs we saw were there graves. When I put the coin back in my pocket everything went back to normal. That was also the last time I saw the coin.

For some strange and unexplainable reason it simply vanished.

Later on in life I would spend a great number of hours trying to find this coin by retracing my steps of that day. However nothing was ever found.

Until I was out hiking in the woods about 30 miles from my childhood home. At that time I was walking along a river looking for Native American artifacts. So I was looking down when I saw something sticking out slightly from an edge of a rock. When I flipped over the rock I could not believe what I was looking at it was a small coin and it looked old as it was covered with mud and sediment. So I washed it off in the river and boy let me tell you that was a surprise it was the coin from my child hood. The moment I saw it again everything stopped once again as it did all those years before and I could not even here the river this time. It was like I had stepped out of time once again.

So I quickly put in in my collection bag and put that in a safe place so I would not loose it again. And once aging once it was put away everything returned to normal.

Upon returning home later that afternoon I pulled up the net and did a search for the old house and what I found was an old news story that spoke of 4 unidentified bodies found encased in cement two of which were small children and the other two were dogs. It turns out the children died of natural causes You see some time during the 1890s. So the were not sacrificed as I originally had thought all those years ago. However the dogs were found mutilated and buried next to the children. It turns out the the whole neighborhood was built over an old graveyard and that the slabs we saw were the result of poor construction were the cement was poured right over the graves of these two children. However the dogs graves were much newer and dug by one of the previous owners of the house and hidden in the basement. Probably do to some ritual. I have thought for sometime now that these dogs were not the rightful property of said owner because I remember hears stories of dogs disappearing from various places in the town. I have my suspensions that the holes represent a total of for dogs the graves of the other two have not yet been found.

Would you like to see the coin?

But first I must ask you sir to please put your dog on a leash because I not sure what will happen when I pull this coin out and I do not want you to loose your dog should he run out of the room. Thank You.

All of the effect used in this routine are easy achieved including the scared dog and time stop. Upon the return of the coin the coin simply vanishes from my up turned palm.

All you need is a coin made of lead with strange markings and 4 small holes drilled in it. I will explain one of the above effects briefly. The time stop effect I will probably never share. The coin vanish is simple enough and if you cannot figure out how to do that I am wondering why you are here.

At this point the coin is pulled out and I holding it by the edge or rim. Now all I need to do is point this lead coin in the direction of the dog and the dog will start acting very strange. Works like a dream but the coin must be made of lead. Four small holes in the coin are drilled in the edge near the rim to fit with the story.

When the coin is pointed at the dog its done with a quick rapid forceful motion. Which causes the dog to react. However this works best with a coin made of lead. I have not figured out why this is but for some reason it is.

Bill Montana

PS any object that is mysterious can be used for this routine. However for the dog bit the object must be lead. For some reason old lead objects work much better even though they are a bit on the toxic side. just remember to wash your hands before touching anything after doing this routine. Better safe than to get lead poising. And do not under any circumstances eat the coin. I even done this with ancient roman objects made from lead and it works really well. Also it is helpful to remember that this is a complete act with only one lead coin.

PSS Nerver show a mysterious object to anyone unless it is in use or it will lose it can lose its impact should someone see it prior to performance.
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I'd like to post a photo for those who asked, but don't know how. Can someone suggest an easy method? By the way, this is a Masonic token, but one of the more elaborate and detailed I've run across (and I've collected Masonic tokens and badges for decades). It's slightly larger than a quarter, and I think it may also be a "spinner". One side has traditional Masonic symbols, while the other is a collection of indecipherable hieroglyphics that I can't identify. The coin itself is pewter in color (like an aged silver), but in the very center of one side is a raised brass circle (about 7 mm in diameter) with another symbol inside of it. If you put the coin down on a flat surface with the raised brass circle face down, the coin spins freely, and one of the symbols on the reverse looks like it might be a pointer. Probably used for some sort of Masonic hijinks like, you know,using the spinner to decide who was going to be the subject of that night's blood sacrifice...
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Hey, I think I figured it out...

aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
187 Posts

Profile of aheads
Oh no. Oh dear god. He found it!
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
238 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
That's pretty cool!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tricks with a mysterious token? (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL