The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got to check this out..very serious (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I understand the mother's rage, but she should have reported the rapist's comment to the appropriate authorities; perhaps he violated his parole and could have faced further punishment for harassment or something. But ya' just can't take the law into your own hands, despite the anguish.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
A lot of details are left out of the story linked to in the OP. Here is a more detailed accounting:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spain-jail-conf......-1447742
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, Bob1Dog wrote:
I understand the mother's rage, but she should have reported the rapist's comment to the appropriate authorities; perhaps he violated his parole and could have faced further punishment for harassment or something. But ya' just can't take the law into your own hands, despite the anguish.

+1

Perhaps I would have done the same, I don't know, and I hope I will never have to know.
I hope the woman gets out soon.
But she still had to be brought before a court.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Strange system they've got- the guy wasn't on parole, he was on a three day pass from prison so he went to a bar!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I live here in Spain and can tell you that most people here are outraged by this woman being treated like this. They think he got what he deserved, Spanish people are fiercely protective of their family's. Where I live every Sunday you will see family groups on the beach, they really do stick together and here any wrong doers are lucky if the police get to them before the family do.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
The lady should get a commendation for takin' out the trash...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On May 18, 2014, george1953 wrote:
I live here in Spain and can tell you that most people here are outraged by this woman being treated like this. They think he got what he deserved, Spanish people are fiercely protective of their family's. Where I live every Sunday you will see family groups on the beach, they really do stick together and here any wrong doers are lucky if the police get to them before the family do.

The Spanish, Latinos and Hispanics that I know are family and community oriented and very protective of their families. It is an admirable trait.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On May 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Strange system they've got- the guy wasn't on parole, he was on a three day pass from prison so he went to a bar!

Yea...I read that and thought it strange. I wonder how serious the charges have to be to stay in prison without a pass.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got to check this out..very serious (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL