The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Sounds for magic effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Sounds
I have an idea for an iPhone/ITouch app and I wanted to get your thoughts.
The idea would be to provide sounds to accompany magic effects similar to "SoundzAmazing". Such as a coin clink, card revelation, etc.
I have SoundzAmazing and it is too bulky and a pain to setup with all the wires.
It seems to me that an ITouch can do what it does plus much more, all without wires.
I'm assuming that you are familiar with SA. SA is selling for $120.

Instead of a wired speaker, you can use a bluetooth speaker.
And you can choose from a playlist of sounds rather than be limited to 5 sounds as SA does.
The speaker provided with SA is much louder than necessary which necessitates a larger speaker than is necessary. I looked up Bluetooth chips and they are small and cheap. You may need a small battery to power the speaker.

I suggested a speaker Bluetooth device to Malik and he does not think it can be done but I feel that it is feasible. Malik is the inventor of SA.

The only thing I'm not sure of is how to turn it on remotely. (Perhaps something like an Apple TV remote)? Or a headphone jack switch device. Or a FOB remote?

I'm not planning to create this but just provide you food for thought.
I would buy this if it was on the market.
SA has been discussed at length on the Café.
Ihor
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I will be rigging up a bluetooth speaker which is quite small to a vintage looking radio tuned into white noise and will have a spirit voice animate from it. It has a good sound quality and rechargable batt charged from a USB socket, £20.00 on e bay and think it should do what you want with it?.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I have a considerable collection of sound effects for magic.
I was really talking about an app that will use a multitude of playlists such as card revelations, coin clinks, whispers, etc.
Similar to what SA does but much more flexible using bluetooth.
An IPhone app probably has to be created. I don't want to carry another gizmo. The IPhone could do the trick
Can you give me more information or a link. Maybe your solution will work for me.
Thanks,
Ihor
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, Ihop wrote:
I have a considerable collection of sound effects for magic.
I was really talking about an app that will use a multitude of playlists such as card revelations, coin clinks, whispers, etc.
Similar to what SA does but much more flexible using bluetooth.
An IPhone app probably has to be created. I don't want to carry another gizmo. The IPhone could do the trick
Can you give me more information or a link. Maybe your solution will work for me.
Thanks,

Hi there,i am not that good with a P.C, well putting up link,s up sorry.The bluetooth speaker I use I combine it with an old Galaxy Samsung phone,i record sounds on it,time when I want them to go off and it is sent to the speaker,phone is hidden in my pocket so it is nice to have no wires and any switch I just set it up and it seems to work great.What could be done is to set up a empty drink can in a bin say or on the floor next to somthing else which has the speaker in ,disapear a coin and have the clink sound heard,i will try it out for you to see how efective this is?,hope this helps,all the best Shane
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Do you have a link or the name of the bluetooth speaker which you use?
I'm looking for something as small as possible, with decent sound.
I guess it's a trade off between size and sound quality or volume.
Ihor
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mighty Music Engine - Mini Bluetooth Speaker.
This mini bluetooth speaker is designed to be ultra-portable and extra loud, with the tiny speaker packing a punch in the volume stakes! Standing just over 41mm tall, it has a durable, silicone outer and a handy lanyard to loop to your bag or belt. Charge using the USB cable, then connect it to your entertainment devices via wireless Bluetooth. Pump out your music, movies and games with crystal clear sound.£19.95. if you google Mighty Music Engine - Mini Bluetooth Speaker you will find all infomation.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Fire Starter,

Thank you for the information.
This looks similar to what I am looking for.
The only thing is the shape of the speaker. The round ball shape may make it difficult to conceal.
I'll continue my search but meanwhile I'll be looking for a small remote to control the music on the IPhone playlists.
I have an Apple TV remote. Maybe I can get that to work with the IPhone.
Thanks again,
Ihor
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
No worries my friend and hope you do find something suitable,all the best. Shane
TickTock
View Profile
New user
Worcester, Massachusetts
18 Posts

Profile of TickTock
I'm curious if you found a solution to this topic. I have some thoughts on the issue if you're still interested. It'll have to wait until I get home from work though.

~ Tick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Sounds for magic effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL