The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » I wonder... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
Why some hypnotist uses rituals to start hypnosis?...
and why some hypnotist calls their subject monkeys?...
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Hypnosis doesn't really start or finish its really an ongoing process a hypnotist captures and leads that process.

All hypnotists use rituals

"A ritual "is a sequence of activities involving gestures, words, and objects, performed in a sequestered place, and performed according to set sequence."[1] Rituals may be prescribed by the traditions of a community, including a religious community. Rituals are characterized by formalism, traditionalism, invariance, rule-governance, sacral symbolism and performance.[2]"

Some hypnotists see their hypnotees as objects of fun for their own entertainment. Monkey is an indication of their attitude towards them.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have never heard a hypnotist call their subjects monkeys - you are hanging out with the wrong people.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Doesn't ant call his subjects "hypno-chimps?"
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Not in my hearing!
Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
I call they "Friends"... but you are right Tony, sometime I'm with the wrong people.
mindpunisher, can you tell me more about the ongoing process of hypnosis? did you write about it in an other thread?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Nico I have Written a few posts on this idea elsewhere but when I get time I may write a report of some kind.

Tony Ant used the term in one of his videos can't remember which one I think it was Manchurian Dvds I saw a small section of one of the DVDs And I'm sure he has referred to that term on here to.

Ive had volunteers playing around like chimps in shows. So I'm not going to criticize.
Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
Mindpunisher, I will read with interest your report ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » I wonder... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL