The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Here's something cute--hands off challenge lie detecting (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5020 Posts

Profile of landmark
Effect: Performer's back is turned the whole time. Spec deals cards into six (could be more or less according to spec's taste) piles. Spec picks any pile unknown to performer, takes out a card from the middle of a pile, puts it on top of any pile he wishes. Spec reassembles the piles into a deck by putting one pile on top of another in any order he wishes. Spec cuts the deck. Performer asks spec to turn up cards one at a time and name them, trying not to change his voice when his card is named. Performer stops the spec exactly when the chosen card is named. Again, all this is done with the performer's back to the spec.

Take a break here and see if you can figure out a method.

Method: I've had Royal Road for years and re-read it all the time, but somehow I never noticed The Non-Poker Voice. Using the same method with an MD you can allow the spec to choose how many piles with no adjustment at all. Of course, instead of using hearts, you use the top and bottom of your stack.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5020 Posts

Profile of landmark
Addendum: Who wants a spec to have to deal out the whole deck? So...

Spec cuts cards near center. Performer puts the top half aside, while glimpsing bottom card of the cut.

Now spec can deal out the rest of the cards into how ever many piles he likes. You know what key cards to listen for.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1513 Posts

Profile of Cain
Nice post; we need more of those around here.

As I worked on a method to streamline the trick, I realized that Vernon's "Emotional Reaction" revelation will almost always play stronger. My suggestion is you marry whatever mem-deck method you can devise to that trick.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Here's something cute--hands off challenge lie detecting (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL