The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 100th monkey live! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
Check out this live performance of david and leeman showing philpott's the 100th monkey.

https://screen.yahoo.com/americas-got-ta......=default
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Shame, can't get video to play, would have liked to see this.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Video not showing
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10178 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Took forever, but it worked for me
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Looks great. Now the rest of us have to remove it from our acts for a little while.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On May 22, 2014, Mike Ince wrote:
Looks great. Now the rest of us have to remove it from our acts for a little while.

Yep!
'Curiouser and curiouser."
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I love it and use it.

It's great for stage.

I don't know if that would be my preferred way of presenting it with showing the spectators first but it was a good comedy bit.

Nice.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 22, 2014, Mike Ince wrote:

Naw.

The words used were also not the standard ones as I recall.

This should be safe to use for some time me thinks.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
gab
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of gab
Quote:
On May 22, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
I don't know if that would be my preferred way of presenting it with showing the spectators first but it was a good comedy bit.

This could be some kind of DR.

To spectator on stage:
Can you read this, yes ot no?
Yes (= this is not a word I know but I can read the letters)

To the audience:
Can you read this?
Yes

Again to the spectator on stage:
Please do read.

For the audience this is the time he loose his ability to read.
Could be nice to convince the audience there is nothing about the card!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1537 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Nope. It's been done on TV, that means none of us should use it. We should strive to create our own routines and effects, not just copy what we see others on TV doing. Would you want someone seeing your act and saying "Oh, I saw so and so do that on tv the other night?"

One of the golden rules is that if it's on tv you are barred from ever performing it again. Smile
gab
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of gab
I love using DR to enhance effects that don't rely on DR! Smile
Richtofen
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Richtofen
I m not sure if we should worry and don t use it anymore because it was done on TV.
it's presented like a funny things, a puzzle, the lack of real thinking about it and the very poor presentation ( straight outside the box with a process if we can call it a process made cry my aunt) will not be unforgettable...
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just tried to watch it again but video still won't play:-(
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of swayne100
What is DR?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10178 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Downstairs or PM
gab
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of gab
DR = Derren Rrown
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Anyway the fact that this was on tv does not mean everyone saw it. Nor was their presentation special or original - it was not. It was fast and fun - and Howie found have been better prepped to try to actually pronounce the words.

I like my presentation better for me anyway... And there is not a reason in the world to not do this just because it was on AGT. It was inevitable someone would use this in the media soon. No biggee.

This product lends itself to many different presentational possibilities.

I'm opposed personally to the way they did it by telling the spectator in advance that they are going to lose an ability to speak. That creates a defensive set up. This us discussed more in other areas.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
I had the pleasure of being just off stage as they filmed this and all I can say is, wait til you see the whole clip -- it was so beautifully set up, with a wonderful comedic build to joyous chaos. They really knocked it out of the park!

-Chris
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2916 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Thinking that because this has been done on TV it can not be done by anyone else is extremely myopic. But it will mean that fewer people will be demonstrating this great bit and that's not a bad thing...except for Chris Philpott's bank account.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I've been using it with a very different presentation and effect goal that combined with other routines it really doesn't stop me from using it..... My end purpose is not to leave them a fun feeling but more a shake up and a tinge of fear. It's a method you can use for many things - and I think his bank account might increase as the tv spot shows the thing works in real life on larger scales - IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 100th monkey live! (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL