We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magician exposes medium (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
New Woody Allen movie due out in July:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwbwKURvm0
'Curiouser and curiouser."
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
That looks great.
I don't generally get to go see movies (watching the little 'uns) but I'll have to give this a try.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Courtney,

Me, too. I'm a Woody Allen fan anyway, and the magic/medium theme is just icing on the cake.

Hope all is well.

Scott
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Woody Allen is the most boring, pretentious and up his own **** director in Hollywood. The trailer looks good, but I'm betting that't the best part of the production. I'll give it a skip.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1904 Posts

Profile of chmara
Tony -- I am sorry you feel that way about Woddy Allen. He is a man who started with nothing, struggled and learned, and turned it into an art form. (LOL)

Note that the Long Island Medium has probably snuck into Brooklyn and Manhattan -- and becomes a premise for a film. I am sure it will be one not to miss if you can.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I will watch it just for the medium connection, it could be funny.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
I love Woody Allen's work. Thank you for letting is know about this Scott.
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1265 Posts

Profile of reese
I stopped watching his movies after he married his step-daughter.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
It looks great. Woody Allen is a brilliant film maker.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On May 25, 2014, reese wrote:
I stopped watching his movies after he married his step-daughter.

Because one has so much to do with the other?
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Has allen ever made even a decent film? I'll give this a pass and perhaps eat some cereal instead. besides that debunking is really boring. although just from the clip the debunker seems to play the arrogant prick part really well. I guess allen at least got that part right.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10635 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks for the tip!

Woody Allen is a genius and an American treasure as a director. It is way cool that he is doing a movie with a subject matter that many of us relate to.

And yes he has made many more than decent films - some of them great.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I agree. Woody Allen is one of our greatest directors.

And his awards and nominations support that conclusion.

Quote:
Allen has been nominated 24 times and won four Academy Awards: three for Best Original Screenplay and one for Best Director (Annie Hall). He has more screenwriting Academy Award nominations than any other writer. He has won nine British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Allen
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I told my wife there was a new Woody Allen film coming out soon and she got a weird look and told me about this article (warning: it's intense):
http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02......ogs&_r=0

I don't think there is any question that Woody Allen has made some great films, both comedic and dramatic, but...
...I don't know how to complete the above sentence.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
There are two very different sides to the story. And neither has anything to do with his talent as a film maker and writer.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Not seen SCOOP yet,that looked good can never find a copy in our vidio shop's or HMV ,will have to go online.
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
It looks really nice. Does it tell or is inspired also to the story of Chung Ling Soo? I see that Colin Firth is sometimes shown with an oriental disguise.
Luccky
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Luccky
This trailer looks really good ! I love Woody Allen movies, they are always surprising and refreshing. And I agree with Bob : his private life and the quality of his movies are two different things (even if he loves to speak about himself with his stories).
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On May 26, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
There are two very different sides to the story. And neither has anything to do with his talent as a film maker and writer.

Bob said it best...
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
The issue of his talent as a film maker is not affected by his actions, I agree completely with that. If he was, say a historical author who had committed terrible acts but made beautiful art I would unquestionably be in favor of appreciating the art for what it is. The fact that he is alive makes me wonder if the issue is different; he is directly being supported by the success of his films.

I don't know the other side of the story, I'll look it up, but ultimately I have no way of knowing the truth of the situation; but it has been the source of some interesting thoughts and conversations.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magician exposes medium (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL