The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Trenton, McGuire AFB (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hello guys, I am not a member but tend to go as a guest often in my last 14 years of studying magic. Hard to join when I move around a lot in the military. What is the nearest SAM around me in NJ? I might have to join if its not two far. I need 2 sponsors correct?
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Hi Paisa23 !!

I hope I can help point you in the right direction. There is an SAM assembly only 23 minutes from Trenton in Hightstown NJ.
The SAM 181 assembly meets on the first Thursdays each month except July. http://www.magicsam181.com/ is the website.

Also I belong to the SAM #168 in Parsippany NJ. which is only an hour and 10 minutes North. I drive an hour from Pennsylvania to the Parsippany meeting each month myself. They meet on the 4th Wednesday each month at the Methodist Church (93 S. Beverwyck Rd. Parsippany NJ. 07054).

They are meeting tomorrow night (5/28/14) at 8PM. Performance Theme is "Memorial Magic" magic from any magician who has passed on.

Of course if you want to really have some fun, come to our meeting in PA. Its an 1 hr 1/2 drive to Stroudsburg PA. Check out www.pmmc.webs.com for our meeting details. 3rd Friday each month. 7:30 PM.

You can also check out the IBM rings closest to you which are an hour south in Millville, and an hour north in Newark. There is also an IBM ring in Lyndhurst NJ (Ruing 113) and one in Parsippany NJ. as well (Ring 106) (meets at the same location as SAM #168).

I hope it helps!!

S. Patrick
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Dude, this is awesome information. I wanted to go to the Mark Mason Lecture but it was too far to drive back and work in the morning. Keep me in mind for the next lecture.

P.S. I also got your facebook invite. So glad to be meeting new magis.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I belong to SAM 161 which meets in Scotch Plains, NJ every month..
I don't know where in NJ you live. But so far you have. 3 locations.
Ihor
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I am in Brownsmills NJ where McGuire Air Force Base is... Close to Hamilton, trenton and Six flags. about 30 minutes each way.. I just want to fond a circle, or a round table to attend that isn't too far since I work at 0645 in the morning. I am collecting all the information that I am getting.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Yes! Sorry guys! I totally forgot about the SAM 161 guys! They meet at the Stage House Restaurant in Scotch Plains. I've attended a couple of lectures there over that last year or two.

S. Patrick
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
UGH everything is over 40 minutes out and during the week...
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Did you know the SAM has a reduced membership rate for active military?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
No I didn't.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Which is the one that requires 2 sponsors and to perform for the leadership? I have always gone as a guest but because I moved around a lot I never became a member.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
The IBM is the organization with the two sponsors, however if none are nearby sometimes the national IBM would add two signatures to the form to make it official for you.

I am always available to sign for a perspective member if needed.

As far as performing for the leadership, that is up to the individual clubs to decide. Some do, and some do not.

Our club only asks you to perform at some meetings but only after you are comfortable performing for a group of magicians, as well as working with that individual to help them prepare. We have several members that play excellent supporting roles that do not perform, but they fill very useful positions in the club. They are bound by the same ethical guidelines as the performers are as well.

I hope this helps! And as always, you are always welcome to come up and visit our guys if and when you find the time!

S. Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Trenton, McGuire AFB (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.56 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL