The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Noted 2.0 (DVD and Gimmick) by Gary Jones and Magic Tao (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Be sure to check Hocus-Pocus.com or call us toll free for any questions regarding this great new item from Gary Jones and Magic Tao. We have also added a video showing the effect.

The scenario is as follows. You approach a group of people or an individual, holding a note pad. You then proceed to ask them if they are ready to place their order, if they say no, you then say something like, that's ok, how about a card trick instead. The notepad turns into a pack of cards right in front of their eyes.

You can use this in any scenario, restaurants, corporate functions, bars, partys. It is limited to your own imagination.

You can even write on the gimmick, so you can use it for example at the beginning of your invisible deck routine. You ask a spectator to name any card. You write it on the Noted gimmick. You then say I will find your card, but you need a deck of cards. You then make the note pad turn into a deck of cards and then go into your invisible deck routine.

You can see that the possibilities with the Noted gimmick are endless.

You are supplied with a universal gimmick that makes all this possible.
No slight of hand needed
Custom made gimmick supplied
You just supply your own deck.
Comes with DVD with full explanations
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Another scenario is as follows. You approach a group of people, or an individual, holding a small note pad and a Sharpie marker. You then say that you will vanish the note pad. On a count to of three, the Sharpie marker appears on your ear. Whilst you take the Sharpie to go and tap on the note pad again, the note pad has visually changed into a pack of cards right in front of their eyes.
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
My review of Noted 2.0 will appear in August issue of Genii Magazine.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
I recently purchased this effect and plan to test it in the real world this week. My initial impressions?

Pros:
The effect is very direct and makes for a good opener. You can "get to the magic" very quickly.
The gimmick seems quite sturdy and should last a long time.
For most purposes, the gimmick can stay in the deck after the vanish of the notebook.
The dry erase feature is a bonus.

Cons (IMHO):
The notebook's appearance isn't as convincing as the copy claims. The rings don't look 3D. For this reason, I'm hesitant to perform the effect as recommended because you direct everyone's attention directly at the notepad.
I wish they'd stuck to lined pages and left out the word NOTES. This would make the gimmick reversible without looking awkward.
The back blends well with a new deck of cards but the face is very bright and stands out.
The DVD is totally superfluous. Printed instructions would suffice and would have reduced the cost.

In short, as an opener it can do the job nicely. Just don't linger on it.
Marcus001
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Marcus001
Thank you 'robvh', for taking the time to write a balanced review of this effect. It would be pleasing to hear your thoughts once you've road tested it.

Thanks

Mark
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I do like this only the front card on my gimmick was way to bright ,you are right to not linger on, I do like the ring effect also when flashed it does look almost 3D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Noted 2.0 (DVD and Gimmick) by Gary Jones and Magic Tao (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL