The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PBE by Chris Pilsworth (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Be sure to call us at Hocus Pocus with any questions you have about this new prop. We are excited to carry it and you can view the online video on our website at Hocus-Pocus.com
Below are some reviews and a description of this new prop.

Egg Bag brought into the 21st century!"
- Obie O'Brien

This is the only Egg Bag I will ever use."
- Bill Abbott

"Relevant and elegant. Love It"
- Jason Brumbalow

"This is now my closer."
- Bob Sheets

"With a degree in industrial design Ottawa-based pro Chris Pilsworth has created what can only be called, a complete REVOLUTION of the classic egg bag method, while using a natural, acceptable and innocent appearing prop - a simple paper bag. This is the ONLY egg bag I will ever use."
- Bill Abbott

Traditional Egg Bag Problem
Think about it; when someone sees you perform an egg bag routine using a traditional cloth egg bag, what do they believe?

1. You are a real magician.
2. You are only human, but possess incredible skill.
3. The strange cloth bag, like one they've never seen before, is fake, so that anyone could do the trick if they had a bag like yours. It still requires skill and practice to present a great egg bag routine, but all of that gets dismissed because you're still using a magic cloth bag.

Chris Pilsworth Solves the Problem
Chris faced the same issues when he wanted to add an egg bag routine to his repertoire, so he did something about it. He asked the question, "What if you were able to present an egg bag routine using a normal looking brown paper bag?" A paper bag flies right under the audience's 'suspicion-radar' and now you get the credit for creating the magic, not some unusual cloth bag.

Traditional Egg Bags vs. PB&E
Many magicians where black/dark outfits and the classic black Malini Egg Bag simply does not stand out from their costume to be seen from any distance. With PB&E you can wear dark or light outfit and it will still stand out from a far distance. The bag isn't black or dark blue or dark whatever! It's a paper bag, which means you can see the thing from far away! You're in a home, no problem. You're in a 200-seat hall, no problem. You're in a 2000-seat theatre, no problem.

PB&E Features:
*Self-Contained
*Angle-proof
*No Reset - Always Ready to Go
*Minimal Sleight of Hand
*Pack Small Plays Big
*Can be done Up Close & Surrounded
*Highly Visible for Stand-Up & Stage
*No Clothing Restrictions

Method & Design Features
Chris Pilsworth has a degree in Industrial Design (product design) and has applied his skills and talent to the design of this incredible prop. With a current trend, that is moving towards more organic props, restoring audience appreciation of the performer's skill rather than the 'magic' prop. With a brown paper lunch bag and an egg everyone knows the qualities of the props involved. There's no need for over proving or unnatural procedures.

BONUS: Unlike regular cloth egg bags PB&E allows for an audible appearance of Egg inside the bag!

The Bags
Included with every PB&E Pro Package are two bags. These are not lunch bags or grocery bags but double layered hardware bags and they're incredibly durable. Each bag is meticulously and painstakingly handmade by Chris Pilsworth. Chris has used the same bag for a years worth of shows (approx. 200) and it is still going strong. Only purchasers of PB&E will get exclusive access to refill bags if and when they need them.

The Eggs
Included with every PB&E Pro Package are two eggs. And these eggs are truly remarkable! Chris literally spent a year sourcing the perfect egg for this routine. Made of a durable ceramic composite, these are nearly impossible to tell from the real thing! In fact these eggs are manufactured with the express purpose of coaxing hens to lay eggs. If they can fool a hen - they will fool your audience and volunteers! Only purchasers of PB&E will get exclusive access to extra replacement eggs if and when they need them. (Eggs come in White and Brown, please be sure you order the correct Pro Pack on the right.)

The DVD

2 live performances:
*On stage in front of a family audience.
*At a private party held in a restaurant.

Instructional Topics:
*Traditional Egg Bags vs. PB&E
*Revolutionary Method Revealed
*Travel & Care of the Eggs & Bags
*Pre-Show Set-Up
*Full Routine Walk-Through
*Close-Up Performance Technique
*Kicker Extra Shot Climax - Performed & Explained
*Alternative Kicker Climax Ideas
*Transition or Segue Prop Productions
*Alternatives to an Egg
*Conversation with Bill Abbott and Chris Pilsworth

Get Creative!

Not limited to an egg, limes, kiwis, lightbulbs or even a lemon as a transition into a Bill in Lemon routine could also be used with Chris' trademark designed Egg Bag. PB&E would also be great in combination with The Thing as the Thing gimmick and the egg are very similar in shape and size. Get creative with the object for a themed presentation or segue into your next effect with an appropriate prop
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
$100.00 bucks, huh? Wont the paper bag get tattered after a while?
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
I have this. Nice yes it is. However I wish the egg was white and yes after I use the bag a few times the has already to become "soft".
I have found the bags online but maybe Chris will have refills.
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. The bags will soften up a bit over time. That is the nature of paper. The bags used are number 8 hardware bags that are made from a fairly sturdy kraft paper. In the DVD I show how I transport the bag in a plastic file folder. It keeps it flat and preserved between shows. The test bag I have was put through the equivalent of 300 shows and still works well. I don't handle the prop roughly, but I do handle it naturally.

Refills for the bags are available. The eggs also come in white and brown. Bill Abbott packaged everything for the dealers so I'm not sure if you can specify which color of egg you prefer. Check with your dealer.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Great white eggs!!! Also I just saw on the insert refills.
Thanks Chris can't wait for more products from you.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Magic Café,
Hocus Pocus is offering a limited time special on the PBE!!!!!

FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS IN THE USA!

This offer is for 3 Days ONLY - Get It Fast - No Waiting!

Order it Tuesday June 3rd by 3pm (Pacific Time) and receive it Wednesday June 4th
Order it Wednesday June 4th by 3pm (Pacific Time) receive it Thursday June 5th
Order it Thursday June 5th by 3pm (Pacific Time) receive it Friday June 6th

REMEMBER Order by 3 and the OVERNIGHT shipping's FREE. It's that easy!

Overnight Shipping only available to US addresses only.

We're excited to be able to offer you instant gratification. We know what it's like to be excited about something, order it, and then have to wait. We've eliminated the wait-time at absolutely no charge to you! We're always looking for ways to deliver the magic and elevate the customer's experience, so look for additional weekly deals to come that are geared to your INSTANT GRATIFICATION!

FREE Overnight Shipping Expires Thursday, June 5 at 3:05pm PST

Please NOTE: If ordering other items with PBE, they will be shipped separately and shipping charges will apply. Also, those items will be shipped via the shipping method you select when placing your order.
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

MagicaLife
View Profile
New user
California, USA
2 Posts

Profile of MagicaLife
I've been wanting to order this item and free overnight shipping is definitely drawing me nearer to ordering.
Does anyone else have it already and have any suggestions or tips for the pbe? I'm fairly new to magic. Thanks for the help
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Don't know where your coming from Magicalife with 1 post but this is not where I would spend my first 100 dollars in Magic.
MagicaLife
View Profile
New user
California, USA
2 Posts

Profile of MagicaLife
Sorry, didn't want to type much background. I just joined the Café today but have been lightly playing with magic for a few years now. A friend just told me about it and I'm having a lot of fun reading around. I teach Sunday school for young kids and think this effect with the paper bag will seem more lifelike to them but I can apply it to some of the lessons we cover. Fun for them and fun for me. I think ill order it and start playing with it Wednesday when I get it. Thanks Paul and thanks for the response cath1
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Thanks for the response to our first ever Weekly Instant Gratification Effect Event.
We have received several dozen orders since posting this and you still have time to take advantage of our free overnight shipping (in the USA).
Thank you for the support and please contact us at Hocus Pocus if you have any questions.
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I had one of these for myself on Monday and have ordered more for stock arriving tomorrow. http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/p......rth.html

The handling on this is very easy, you get 2 bags and 2 eggs which are very nice and realistic, which should last a long time.

You are given access to refills if you need them but I doubt anyone would need them for quite some time.

This will work close-up, parlour or on stage and the routine is also very good.

For what you get in this package it is not expensive, everything is well made and built to last.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I can't seem to find anything on a search for other objects that can be used besides eggs for a presentation. Love this modern version but was wondering about other round objects that could fit the measurements
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
You can use any object that is about the same size as the egg provided.

An egg is easy to handle in the the bag so it may be a bit more difficult depending on the shape, but round objects would be ok.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello magicbrent.

From the ad copy Chris offers a few suggestions:

"Not limited to an egg, limes, kiwis, lightbulbs or even a lemon as a transition into a Bill in Lemon routine could also be used with Chris' trademark designed Egg Bag. PB&E would also be great in combination with The Thing as the Thing gimmick and the egg are very similar in shape and size. Get creative with the object for a themed presentation or segue into your next effect with an appropriate prop."

Nothing else is coming to mind at the moment (it's pretty late here) but I will take another look at the pbe tomorrow at Hocus Pocus and see if anything stands out.
Have any of you ever used other items you be willing to share here that could be used with the PBE?
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Just a friendly reminder if you are interested in the FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING in the USA, you have about 23 hours left to order the PBE from Hocus Pocus.
Don't miss your chance at free Instant Gratification for this great item by Chris Pilsworth.
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Thx Paul. Looks like a great release
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Hi MagicBrent,

The type of objects that can be used in the bag need to be tested to determine if they will be appropriate. Generally, you are looking for an object similar in dimensions to an egg. A sphere, egg, lime, ping pong ball or slightly larger ball would all more than likely work well.

At the moment I'm putting together a custom bag that is going to have a KFC logo on the front. This will be a nice tie-in with the egg. On some sites that sell fake food for photographers it is possible to buy fake drum sticks. This could be used for the kicker ending.

There are several magicians that have sent me their ideas about how they are using the trick and I'm really excited by their creativity. Some have used a painted egg at Easter. One magician switches the bag for a regular duplicate bag after the routine is over and does the vanishing beer bottle.

I hope this gives you some inspiration.

Cheers,
Chris
nornando
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nornando
Bob Sheets uses this for his closer? That I would really like to see......
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, ChrisPilsworth wrote:

At the moment I'm putting together a custom bag that is going to have a KFC logo on the front.

Wow. I'm amazed you got permission from them to use their logo.

I mean, you did get permission, right? Remember the star bucks chop cup...
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1208 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Just curious of those who have this, is it working well for you?
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PBE by Chris Pilsworth (5 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL