The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Deceptions question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
Playzure,

The effects in “7 DECEPTIONS” are practical and the information required to perform the effects is in the book. I have found that by re-reading “7 DECEPTIONS” after finishing BUILDING BLOCKS, a whole new light shines on the subject.

About 'Twisted Palm' being performed and working consistently, I would say....NO. But then again I can't think of anything that will work 100% perfect 100% of the time. Like Kenton says in BUILDING BLOCKS , threads can snap, gimmicks can break, etc. So you shouldn’t worry about this issue too much.

The only thing certain in life is death!
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
As Luke, I'm sure, has said, 'Suggestion is everything'.

Good luck.

hmk
powen
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of powen
I agree with Mel. After reading “Building Blocks” I see “7 Deceptions” in a whole new light. I think seeing the DVD will also give more info certain aspects of the performance that it isn't always possible to convey in just words.

Luke, I hear you do an effect where you ask someone to name a word, and it is the very word that is tattooed on your arm. Is this correct?
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Indeed, it is.

I no longer perform this effect, but it was something of a talking point, especially when I did it at conventions.

L.
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Palm Reading----any system is great.

When the husbands come over, I either read them in "compatibility mode" with their spouse or, preferably, use the opportunity to switch to one of my 'assisted intuition' routines such as my "Hands of Time".

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Do you have to read the first six deceptions books to grasp the effects in “7 Deceptions”? Sorry I had to go there. Smile

The amazingly goofy,
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Greetings.

Someone above mentioned the only certainty in life is death.
I would add there are to certainties in life: DEATH and TAXES!

I really like the "Reverse Gestalt Movement" effect from “7 Deceptions” and use it quite frequently.

Don't do it for magicians, though. Most think the whole affair is silly.
Just as a note, I have also done this effect using one of those elasticized flap cards such as "Blink". This also gets great results and is a nice way of doing it for those who don't wish to use a sleight method, although it does take the effect out of the "impromptu" category.

Cheers,

J.Warrens
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Reverse Gestalt is SUPER cool. The forgetting of the card is really neat and plays on hypnosis level very well.
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Personally I think that “Building Blocks”, my newer book, really may be the answer to some questions.

I have seen many a people who seem to view “7 Deceptions in a different light now they have read “Building Blocks”, which goes into greater detail about the actual suggestion methods used in my material.

L.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Luke, after reading your "stuck in a moment" effect, I came across something that I want to share with you. I’ll PM you once I got back from work and explain.

All the best,

looch
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
IMO you should buy both (7D and BB) and then read first BB in which there is some more "theory" on the HOW and WHY of the suggestion.

Then you can read 7D and be sure you will grasp all the effects therein more fully!

Again, just my opinion. As for good material to perform, both the books are full of this.

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
I think that I will be purchasing building blocks very soon... I seem to be finding myself being more and more amazed with mentalism, Particularly with a bizzare kind of twist to it. After reading X Rated be sean feilds and seeing the North Of the Boarder Tear. I was impressed, Then I performed it. With the metranome revelation. Now I have had some really good reactions, But I keep getting consistently good reactions from it. People are utterly dumbfounded. Its great.
coloniemagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of coloniemagic
Quote:
On 2004-01-14 17:28, playzure wrote:
Is the material in 7 Deceptions really practical and contain all the information necessary to perform it, or is it a pipe dream for advanced NLP people?

The palm lines moving on their own in particular... do you guys actually do this and make it work consistently?
I have 7 Deceptions and IT IS GOLD!!!! I cant believe people are kncking it. that's good cuz then I know ill be the only one in my area performing it. Thanks LUKE!!!! A twisted palm is one of my strongest demonstrations. It really does work. You must use ALL the subtlties and the price is worth that alone. BUY BUILDING BLOCKS TOO>
playzure
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Deceptions question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL