The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Two card monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shy
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Shy
I had a dream where I presented two card monte as an experiment where I can change the spectator's memories.

This is the basic idea: So, for a regular two card monte you would use two red aces and two black queens, for this presentation we will use both of the same color (2 black aces and 2 black queens).
You tell your spectator ( or spectators ) that you are a mentalist and you believe you found a way to slightly change someone's memories, and you want to try it, then you proceed to do a two card monte, you tell him/her to call them club and spade instead of ace of clubs and ace of spades , btw after you do the "switch" you can ask him/her to look at your eyes and say something like "remember, there is an ace of clubs and an ace of spades" or anything else that sounds hypnotic, perfect for doing the change, so, you ask him/her which one is on the top and which one is on the bottom, they will aswer that the club is on the top and the spade is on the bottom or viceversa, then you say "yeah, but what are the full names" or something like that, they aswer, then you smile or look surprised as you say something like "wow really? I can't believe it worked" or whatever fits your style, then you tell them that you never switched the cards, they will probably say something like "yes, I know" then say that you needed them to focus on something else to make you able to go into his/her mind, and then you allow them to look at the faces of the cards. So, you just changed two cards that he/she was holding tightly, they will believe any fake explanation, in this case, you altered their memory, tell them that it may feel real, but he/she never really holded the aces, you altered their memories so they think that those were aces but they were always queens.

Idk how good this would work in real life, I haven't tried it but I think that altering their memories would freak them out more that having fast hands.

Anyway, Im not the best creating my own presentations so if you are planning to do this you could variate on the script.

Soooo, what do you think? Is this a good idea?.
JFmagic
View Profile
New user
Ithaca, NY
75 Posts

Profile of JFmagic
Holey smokes!!! that's a sick dream!!! Ill work on it!! I love that stuff.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I've done something similar where I force a card and show them, then switch it for another card to show the other person and they hold it. Then I say they will think their card was whatever I forced on them and then of cores the other person is holding a different card, so it freaks them out. I did not get that from a dream though. I wish I dreamed like you.
Reality is a real killjoy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Two card monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL