The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Visual Dog Appearance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michealmachek
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
25 Posts

Profile of michealmachek
Hey magi-
I'm looking for a visual or sneaky method for turning a balloon animal dog into a chihuahua (pretty small little guy) I've thought about using a doves to bunny concept but I want it to be as 'ungimmicky' as possible because it really has to be a surprise appearance. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!
Muchas Gracias
M
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Because your condition is a balloon you don't make it easy, because a dog is landing in another way than a dove.
A dove will hop on your finger(s), a dog won't do this.
My choice would be a dove-tray, in combination with a balloon.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Your solution then is to simply make a bag to hang on the back of your pants with an automatic release, and have the coat cover it. The rest you should be able to work out for yourself. Hint: Movement and misdirection, with the balloon dog in play.

You can also hang the bag on the back of a roll-on type table. Cost from $500 to $1000 depending.

I find is interesting that, you seem to think a prop removes the surprise from a magic trick.

I believe a Dove Tray would catapult the poor dog into the air. Those small dogs are very fragile animals. They break easily.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right Bill!
With a dove tray, that poor pup might "appear" as a "flying dog"! --Spectacular!, but!!! (Maybe put a parachute on the little beast?)

If I were planning on doing something like this, I would check out the possibilities with a paper bag.

You might announce: "My famous vanishing balloon dog!" (The litte beast from south of the border is in the bottom of bag. Drop in the balloon, do a hokey magic word, and haul out the Mexican Mutt.)

"Senator" Crandall used this "highly technical" method to produce a rubber chicken. The chicken prop got the laugh--the audience "forgot" about the bag when the poultry was produced.

Celeste Evans closed her dove act with her little poodle, which appeared in a P&L DUCK PAN.

Gene Eisenbarth (Gene & Jo) produced 6 Chihuahuas to close his show. The pups "sat up" in a row on the table, and got "AWWWWWS"

A lot depends on how much "mystery" you want to achieve. I think that if I were doing it, I would play it as broad comedy. Go for the 'oooh' and "awww".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
You may want to check out the Abbott "Doves to Duck"

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Dove-......duck.htm

It is different than the standard type doves to rabbit both in look and in operation.

If you want to PM or call me I would be happy to explain the differences to see if it might be of help.

Rick
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Visual Dog Appearance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL