The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hopping halves/Sun and Moon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
fanwun
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of fanwun
I've been working on Jay Sankey's Kung Fu Coin Trick. It is a version of Hopping Halves, but it only uses the c/s coin. It ends nice and reset only takes a second, or however long it takes to get your coin back from the spectator.
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Hi Guys,

I just thought I'd share my routine with you for an impromptu hopping halves effect. I'm not a professional and can't claim that the routine has been tried and tested on hundreds of people. All I know is the reactions I have recieved from the few people I have showed it to have been strong. I'm not going to ask you for any money (so don't worry Smile ) just some honest opinions. To view the routine please go to http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......37&0

The thread is called "second hand time machine - impromptu hopping halves" and is in secret sessions.

I have never read any other similar effects and came up with this independantly but would appreciate any history etc behind similar handlings.

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards
Chris
Delly
View Profile
New user
France
38 Posts

Profile of Delly
Ive found this magnetic S&S in a french shop in Paris, called "Le Magasin de Magie", a bit expensive, but really usefull, "no need to shock the coin with an elephant to get the gaff out" (excuse my english Smile )
---------------------
Smile Life IS Magic Smile
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
"Shock the coin with an elephant"... I like that analogy! The magnetic sets are great for easy resets. I actually assemble and disassemble the gaff up to 4 or 5 times in a routine that I do. In plain sight of the spectators, and it goes completely unnoticed every time.

Chris: Nice routine. I like the tabling finish a lot. I'll have to give that a go one of these nights and see how it works for me.

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Hi Mike, Glad you liked the routine, it does get some good reactions....almost as good as Totem Smile

Can't take credit for the tabling effect that was Chris Korn/ Albert Goshman all be it in a slightly different context.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
It's a nice one. I did it today at lunch for a few people, substituting the back pinches for other methods... you people with your fully functional and non-damaged right pinkys... you really tick me off Smile

Nice job man, and that should mean something because I'm not, as you can see from some of my previous posts in this thread, a Hopping Half fan. This routine plays very nicely however.

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hopping halves/Sun and Moon? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL