We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dutch champion of Mentalism 2014 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2576 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I’m sure many Café members here will want to say congratulations to Timon Krause on becoming; Dutch Champion of Mentalism 2014.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
361 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Thanks so much for posting, Neal. You know how much I appreciate your help.
My biggest thanks go to Neal for helping me develop and polish my act over the last few months; he's very kind and creative. Most importantly, he has been more than patient with me and helped me bring out the best in me as a performer. Without him, I wouldn't have won the title. I'm very happy Smile
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Gefeliciteerd

Steve
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Massive congratulations Timon!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
What Steve said, seriously, well done.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3383 Posts

Profile of Looch
Congratulations Timon...

May I ask what the award is? Did you win a competition ?
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
361 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Thanks!
Yes, it's simply the national competitions; like they exist in pretty much any country I guess. Worked on my act with Neal for a while, so we're simply both stoked that it worked out really well now.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"

www.timonkrause.com
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Congratulations Timon on winning the nationals!
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3383 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2014, TimonK wrote:
Thanks!
Yes, it's simply the national competitions; like they exist in pretty much any country I guess. Worked on my act with Neal for a while, so we're simply both stoked that it worked out really well now.

Well done bud! 😄
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12086 Posts

Profile of John C
I hope Steve was right about this so here goes: Gefeliciteerd
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Alexxander
View Profile
Elite user
Frankfurt, Germany
412 Posts

Profile of Alexxander
Congratulations Timon!
I hope I get to see your act sometime in the future Smile
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Congrats Timon!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Congratulations, Timon!

Well done.

Bob
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
Well done Timon - it was interesting to see your idea develop and I'm sure it went through a number of evolutions to get to the final award winning set.
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
361 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Thanks everyone!

Daniel, it did indeed go through a lot of changes to where it is now and I'm very happy with how it is now. Nevertheless, there's still room for development (luckily) in this set. The process helped me realize once more just how much better an initial idea can become with consistent work.
Also, it was interesting as far as learning about building an act for a competition goes: while initially I literally build an act *for* a competition (with 'foolers', different layers of method, etc), I later realized it's much better to focus on building a beautiful act that play strong for any audience and that, most importantly, I enjoy playing. It had a nice balance between being technically strong (for magicians) and being an artistic and enjoyable act that I will happily continue to perform and develop.
Lots of people from the community, including Daniel, have offered their thoughts on my act along the way and I'm very thankful for everyone helping.

All the best,

Timon

www.timonkrause.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Timon is one of the kindest and best people out there in the world, I am so proud to call him my friend. Congrats Timon, can't wait until you start showing people on here the REAL work. Smile

-Jakob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dutch champion of Mentalism 2014 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL