The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hocus Pocus Project - charity ebook project (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Just finishing up my contribution. I need to proof read it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

But a quick thought - if this will be released through the Magic Café, do you want to offer the contributors the option of including their username? ie, "Contribution" by Joe Contributer (magiccafeposter).

If contributions are coming in from wider sources, then don't worry about it. I was just wondering if readers might like the option of knowing specifically who to ask for clarification or further thoughts.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2014, sjrw wrote:
Hi Sean,

I would definitely love to contribute towards point 5 (buying the work), and I would also be happy to contribute towards points 2 and 3 as well.
I have some pieces I'd love to contribute, but I'd need to get permission from the people who have inspired my pieces first.

Sounds great and thank you. Please keep me posted via PM. The deadline is the end of the month.

I appreciate it.

C.J.: I can include both if you so choose (which of course, I already have).

All: When contributing, please include both your real name and moniker. I will refer to you by your actual name in credits, unless otherwise instructed.

Thanks All!
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, Waters wrote:
Here is what I propose:

A charity/funding compilation ebook which features mentalism and mental magic... the sale of which paid directly via Paypal to the Hocus Pocus Project (aside from normal Paypal fees, if applicable).

How do the funds get used by the Hocus Pocus Project?
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Hello robvh. That is a fair question. To be honest, I do not know. I am responding to a need that was put forth via a PM from Steve Brooks and the Magic Café. I do not have, nor will ever have, any visibility to how the money will be spent. As with any donation, those questions can be directed to the charity itself. I merely asked myself if there was any way to mobilize some ongoing help. Thanks for the question. If you would like the email of the my contact person at the charity, I will be glad to offer it via PM. Let me know if you would like to do so. I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Sean
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Sean, I just wanted to double check that my email got through. I haven't had any sort of confirmation or reply. If you need me to send again, just let me know.
Be fondly remembered.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Connor: I appreciate your participation. I have received your email. My next step is to block out some time to read through each submission.

To each of you who have chosen to participate, in one form or another, it is appreciated. For those who are planning to submit something, please email it as soon as you can. Please send to: ebookproject(at)yahoo.com

Best Regards,

Sean
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Update: A number of folks have agreed to participate (in a number of forms). Some of the content contributors have sent their routines in, many are still pending. If you are planning to submit something, It would be a great help if these could be sent as soon as possible. Please also try to keep these as concise as possible. Please send to: ebookproject(at)yahoo.com

I am spending a couple evenings this week reading through material.

Thanks to all who have chosen to help!

Best Regards,

Sean
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Any updates on this project yet?
Be fondly remembered.
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
279 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
I have several ideas that I would like to contribute choose, which ever you feel have value. I will PM you info and files.
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
All,

I am sorry this has not grown legs as it should have. Here is what I propose:

With a donation to the charity of $36 (paid directly to the Hocus Pocus Project) you will receive 24 files from contributors (emailed by me) within a year. I will work to continue to accumulate materials from those who have desired to be a part of this. Contributors will need to provide word documents (which I will convert to PDF). I guarantee that there will be much more value to you than the cost.

We all have busy and often difficult lives, but it should not keep us from helping each other. Can you help me?

Here is how we will start. I will offer any of my ebooks as the first installment of the 24 works. All you have to do is forward me a copy of your paypal payment along with a message regarding which work you would like. Since most of my works are above that price, my promise will be met with the first installment. I promise this will be a great investment in routines and ideas.

Choose from here: http://watersmindworks.com/releases

I have emailed to get the paypal address. Details to follow.

Best Regards,

Sean
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Sean, it sounds like you're struggling with getting this together. Many of us here would be willing (and have already offered) to help do the work of compiling the submissions into a single ebook. This would be a much cleaner and user-friendly way of going about the process than trying to track an ever-growing list of donators and which files they each have and haven't received. It also would relieve you of the stress and burden of continuing thepproject over the next year - particularly if further unforeseen difficulties arise for you down the track.

I encourage you not to feel like you have to carry this project alone. I'm sure potential donors are happy to wait another month for things to come together if it will make your life easier. Of the offers of help you've received, choose one you trust to manage laying the book out in one volume. Once that's done, you and that other person can decide whether formatting is a necessity (and I'd say that as long as there is some basic consistency in font, margins and paragraph spacing, that would be all the fanciness required). If you have the assistance of someone with reasonable spare time, you can shrink this project from "within a year" messily and haphazard, to a couple of weeks, once-off. Also, people finding this thread later can easily be caught up with the single volume, and you won't have to spend all the time sending them 24 separate email attachments.
Be fondly remembered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hocus Pocus Project - charity ebook project (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL