The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Doug Henning Floating Lady - Ebay $599 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2014, NashvilleNewman wrote:
I'm not so sure if I agree with the seller,(who is probably a nice guy, etc), that his used, and from what I can see, scratched up clear plastic screen

I just looked at the screen and it doesn't look that scratched up to me. It is used after all. Maybe he's a horrible guy! But at least he listed it as used and if you were to bid I'm sure he'd send you more photos (if he's "probably a nice guy")

NN, I am guessing you were trying to quote me right?

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, that'sCool wrote:

I'm not so sure if I agree with the seller,(who is probably a nice guy, etc), that his used, and from what I can see, scratched up clear plastic screen,

Much easier to read and accurate that way Smile.

Quote:

I just looked at the screen and it doesn't look that scratched up to me.

The screen is scratched. Which of course happens from sliding the screen back and forth and is to be expected on a used item. I never said anything as to the degree of scratches. I saw them in the photo provided in the eBay listing and mentioned it. This may be the same DHFL shown in Stereo's blog I mentioned previously. There are additional photos of the trick there. I'm not sure if it's the same one however.

Quote:

It is used after all. Maybe he's a horrible guy! But at least he listed it as used and if you were to bid I'm sure he'd send you more photos (if he's "probably a nice guy")

I agree with you NN, it's used. I don't believe the seller or I suggested it was not. Because I don't know the guy (or girl) selling it I can only guess they are "probably a nice guy" (or girl) . I have no idea if he (she) is or isn't.

While I may not agree with the value assessed for the item, (two failed prior auctions suggest I am not alone in that assessment), both the start price, and recently added comment of a trade for 3 sealed Floating Ladies seems a tad unrealistic. Again, the seller can and should try to get the best deal they can for the item. A potential purchaser should do the same thing Smile.

I asked for opinions here and JMT responded as did you. Thanks for the input Smile.

Hopefully the seller and a potential buyer can work something out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Doug Henning Floating Lady - Ebay $599 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL