The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hey! Are you a cheat or entertainer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
597 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Three Card Monte on the street is inviting trouble.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
There are some wonderful thoughts posted in this discussion.
Pop Haydn always seems to "pop" (pun intended) into these talks, rightfully so.

I've had a fun time going back into the earlier posts and reading some of the gems found in the various discussions. It took me to a time where most everyone was behaving in a civil manner.

If you are new to this forum, you should go back and read some of these too. I found some of my earlier posts, listed under my previous user id, found that a bit odd.

Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-01-15 17:35, Whit Haydn wrote:

Someone once said, "Beggars are impossible! If you give them money you feel guilty and if you don't give them any money you feel guilty!"

This recent quote was from someone on another forum of this board. So even among the members of the Café and our fellow magicians there are some who associate the street performer with hustlers and beggars.

The pizza place I work at has a two bay windows with a door in the middle (technically, the left hand part of the store is where they sell burritos) I was set up on the left hand side when a guy came up in a wheel chair with a paper cup and a cardboard sign that said "Please Help" and set up shop outside the window. (Side rant, performers have to work from the curb... how come he got to cozy right up to the window with his back to the building? Side rant over) Realizing no one was going to stop right there. I moved about 15 feet to the right (where the actual pizza parlor was) and started working. I think I made about $25 - $40 for the afternoon (Yeah, you guys would do better) a couple of bucks were in change. I didn't see anybody put anything in the guy's paper cup. As I left, I dropped the change in there. He blessed me. I did not feel guilty, I felt pretty *** good.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hey! Are you a cheat or entertainer? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL