The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » California Chrome (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
What are the opinions on him being the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978?

He has his chance on Saturday, and at the moment has the shortest odds at 3:5 against; the next shortest is Wicked Strong at 6:1 against.

I'm hoping he does it, and expecting he will.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'm not an odds maker, just lookin' for a winner. The last one I really rooted for was Smarty Jones in 2004 because he was a local horse where I was living at the time. That said, Go Chrome!!!!!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Don't know.

"Chrome" may need 2 Flair Equine Nasal Strips, instead of just one. (Mile and 1/2)

(I'LL be watching out for any driver that will try to 'block' my driveway. Belmont is down the block from my home.) Smile
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
If there ever was a rockstar in horse racing
anals it's California Chrome a most welcomed addition.

California Chrome's Theme Song when he made an appearance
at Del Mar a little while back is found below.

The place went crazy and floppy hats were falling about
as he made his way out to the crowd's delight.

My money's on The Chrome...sure miss 'Mine That Bird'.
I'm not a fan of rap but this song lit up the house.

One thing is for certain, 'California knows how to party!'
Rock on Chrome!

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I hope so. He was the pick I had to do so. I have to make up some money lost on an ill conceived bet on the Blackhawks!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
I have to make up some money lost on an ill conceived bet on the Blackhawks!

LOL!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2014, Devious wrote:

Look at the musculature on that horse! And he's just a baby.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
He's a great horse and a great story. I'm hoping he wins the Triple Crown, but I'm expecting he won't. Steve Cauthen is predicting this is the year the drought ends. We'll see.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I hope he does too. Beautiful horse. It sure would be a great story if he did.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
I would love to see it happen, but no Triple Crown horse in history has won the Belmont having to beat more than 7 horses. Chrome has 11 in the field. Also, I think the distance is a bigger deal than his camp is letting on. I hope Little Stevie is right though.

Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
He looks like a sprinter to me from that photo.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Some will say that betting against California Chrome takes all the fun out of the race. I say, only if you think winning a lot of money is no fun. The hype and hope for CC is going lead to overbetting of epic proportions. Bet against CC and if he wins consider your losses a small price to pay for having seen another Triple Crown winner in your lifetime.

If you want to bet CC and get the best return for your money if he wins, buy a 2 dollar ticket and if he wins don't cash it. It'll be worth a couple of hundred bucks in 20 years or so if there isn't another Triple Crown winner in the meantime.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I don't follow the USA racing much at all and so I don't have an opinion other than what I said above. I have read in the Racing Post here that when they go the triple crown the most important thing is the toll left on the horse in question by his exertions in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2014, tommy wrote:
I have read in the Racing Post here that when they go the triple crown the most important thing is the toll left on the horse in question by his exertions in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.

It's a huge part of it, no doubt. 3 races in 5 weeks in 3 different states. The last one being run at 1-1/2 mile which is an absolute marathon. They don't breed American horses to run 1-1/2 miles. It's almost a given that a fresh horse will win the Belmont Stakes, and the race has produced some huge underdog winners especially in the last 15 years or so. It wasn't that long ago that Sarava sunk War Emblems chance for the Triple Crown at 70-1.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
In the 2005 Derby the payout on a $2 Trifecta (10-12-18) was $133,134.80, the payout for a $1 Superfecta (10-18-12-17) was $864,253.50.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Let's gamble!

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2014, Marlin1894 wrote:
Let's gamble!

Glancing at your tickets looks like you did not fair very well. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Here they come around the 4th turn and into the stretch at the 146th running of the Belmont Stakes

Tommy
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
"I have the answer in this envelope". So, how come out MC master and minor mind readers did not pick the winner? They seam to know just about everything else. Just wondering.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I said one of them would win. My only worry was it being a dead heat.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » California Chrome (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL