The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need some recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ganesubu007
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ganesubu007
Hello Brothers,
I've made my introduction post in somewhere in the forum. Since some of you won't bother about it, I just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V the things that are only needed for you to recommend me some works of fellow mentalists.

I am Subu and I am doing Magic for quite few years now. I begun my work with card magics at small age, then when I grew up, my interest level grew along with me in the area of Mind and How it works. So, I became interested in NLP and Hypnosis and became a certified practitioner. Now I am trying to incorporate the above mentioned fields in mentalism like many other successful mentalists out there. I am inspired by the works of Atlas brookings, Ben Seward, Derren Brown, Fraser Parker, Jerome Finley and Peter Turner (Alphabetically ordered) as they have produced works in the field of real mentalism effects (using mental skills and not tricks). Since I am new to this field, I am not aware of any others' works in real mentalism effects. With all due respect to other mentalists and their works, I have mentioned the above few mentalists based on my tiny knowledge in the field I searched for (real mentalism).

I would like my fellow mentalists to kindly recommend me some works of other mentalists or your own, that incorporates real skills like body language, contact mind reading, suggestion, psychological effects, etc in mentalism act.

My Best wishes to all
Subu
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1585 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Hi Subu

I think you are very "new" to it all. Think about working out your own persona and how you will present it all as real.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
ganesubu007
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ganesubu007
Well, Without even having any prior proper training, I tried to duplicate some feats of Derren using obtain of body cues and succeeded. Later I bought books like COG from ellusionist.com and found it easy to practice. Succeeded even trying at the beginning stage. I am not boasting myself here, but trying to express that I find such materials to be interesting and thus I will master it with persistence Smile
Thank you
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1742 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Subu:

As Bob Cassidy pointed out on a recent post, "reading body language" is much more often the premise, than it is the actual primary method, of effects in Mentalism. You may have vastly exaggerated the extent to which the performers you mentioned do it "for real" vis a vis relying on covert methods to achieve the "effect" of reading body language, etc. Indeed, some of their writings for fellow mentalists make my point remarkably obvious.

George
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Look into works of bob cassidy. Definitely a name you cant leave out of your list.
ganesubu007
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ganesubu007
George:
You are right, I do read the entire post "body language" and know that the premise is important than the actual method. I am just curious to find out, George! Thank you

Insight:
Sure mate! Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need some recommendations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL