The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New laws for Fremont St performers in downtown Las Vegas. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2684 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I've always said "aggressive" busking was going to come around and bite us in the butt!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2038 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Sounds like a code of conduct is being introduced. Which is not altogether a bad thing. It is with out doubt that their are some really bad arse, nasty so called street performers on Fremont street that could do with a few lessons in good manners as well as performing.

On the other hand a code of conduct may be very dificuilt to enforce, if its any thing like the UK its not Law but a guide line.
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
What laws are there Exactly ?
Where can they be read about .

m123
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1907 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Fremont Street was pretty nasty before street performers were introduced ... I doubt this will be a bad thing for the true performers there.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
442 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Quote:
Signs will let visitors know that tipping street performers is not a requirement, and they should keep their distance.

"A 'no touch' rule that keeps street performers from touching visitors and visa-versa," Goodman said.

Both are ridiculous but I guess it's better than forbidding it all when I was there years ago.
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Speakin' of Vegas, (Video Below)

Man gets arrested for balloon animal.
The officer should've at least asked
him a few questions before he went
right into arrest mode.

It's not a crime to walk the streets
of Las Vegas like a drunken clown the
last time I checked, but if your rap
is below par perhaps.

In all fairness, we did not see what occurred
prior to the filming, but this just seems wrong!

I just could not take my eyes of the
pink balloon animal throughout this ordeal.
It just screams to be a scene in a Tarantino Film.

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1907 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
"Don't shoot me" ... that would have been funny if it wasn't for the gravity of the situation.

I agree we don't have enough information, for all we know they could have warrants for armed robbery. Certainly way to much aggression for just street performing; I hope more information comes out about this.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
And here we see the effectiveness of arguing with the police.
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Doesn't sound like a big deal. I'd like to hear a follow up to see if there's been much change...
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
I hope it doesn't affect the Master Class that Jeff and Mario are putting on in a couple of weeks.
James_Kelsey
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of James_Kelsey
Almost everything in this video is a lie. No new laws for Fremont performers have been proposed, especially not a no touch rule. This was mostly an attempt on the mayors part to make herself look good in light of a tragedy. If a law had been proposed it would have to go through Allen Lichtenstein, former attorney for the ACLU and current representative of S.P.A.N, (Street Performers and Artists of Nevada) the street performers association in Las Vegas. There is however a movement to clean up the streets but it is from within. Buskers who believe in professionalism on the street are stepping up and asking others to do the same.
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Great update! Thanks James.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, writeall wrote:
And here we see the effectiveness of arguing with the police.

In the beginning he asked if he was being arrested, the officer said no.

If that was the case then everything after that was a gross violation of his rights.

If he was being arrested then the officer had plenty of time to state that he was and to read him his rights.

This was just wrong.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New laws for Fremont St performers in downtown Las Vegas. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL