The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Combine: U.C.C.U. and a mem-deck - a very strong weapon. (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4879 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This is a good tip! If you combine U.C.C.U. and a mem-deck, then you can DO utterly impossible/amazing things with a deck of cards.

The Ultimate Card Control Utility, a very affordable tool:

http://thekayloroption.com/site/any-sign......-wallet/

One example: Let them name a card - control that card to the top or bottom [open index], use the U.C.C.U. - you can now vanish the card or produce it from an impossible location. You can make any named card in the deck to appear in a spectators wallet or in an envelope (Black Envelope). You can also secretly add extra card(s) to the deck for special effects, too. I found out that this combination opens new possiblities if you have a memorized stack in your mind. I have used this tool (UCCU) for over a year, and it´s a 100% worker plus easy to use.

If you have any ideas for this combination let us all know!

I hope this information helps you to do better/stronger magic.

Magically Yours

Mats G. Kjellstrom
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I just started playing with this, never thought to combine them. Thanks. Great idea!
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Sounds interesting.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1099 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Isn't this just another case of - I can do X with a shuffled deck. But with an mem-deck I can do X but all they have to do is name a card?
Lakewood, Ohio
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, j100taylor wrote:
Isn't this just another case of - I can do X with a shuffled deck. But with an mem-deck I can do X but all they have to do is name a card?

Probably--indeed, Tamariz's appendix of "tricks made better by Mnemonica" are mostly of this ilk.

Not that there is anything wrong with that Smile

Les
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2014, Kjellstrom wrote:

I spent just a little more to get the related TKO 2.0, which includes UCCU functionality and then some. The moves for coin work are a bit knacky for me, but the card stuff is very manageable. It's a great holdout device and a lot of fun to use since it is practically undetectable. I do agree that it has very powerful uses with a memdeck, but as usual the biggest challenge is the estimate-glimpse-cut-or-pass sequence to get the named card to wherever (top or bottom in this case) first.

Always glad to hear these Kaylor devices endorsed. They are lots of fun for amateurs like me, and it is nice to see that working magicians get good use out of them.

Les
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2014, lcwright1964 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2014, Kjellstrom wrote:

I spent just a little more to get the related TKO 2.0, which includes UCCU functionality and then some. The moves for coin work are a bit knacky for me, but the card stuff is very manageable. It's a great holdout device and a lot of fun to use since it is practically undetectable. I do agree that it has very powerful uses with a memdeck, but as usual the biggest challenge is the estimate-glimpse-cut-or-pass sequence to get the named card to wherever (top or bottom in this case) first.

Always glad to hear these Kaylor devices endorsed. They are lots of fun for amateurs like me, and it is nice to see that working magicians get good use out of them.

Les

PS. I just checked Kaylor's own pricing, and I should say that for folks who are sticking to just card work the UCCU device is a bargain that for working magicians should quickly pay for itself. Indeed, I have not gone beyond card work much at all and wonder if I should've saved money and stuck to the UCCU. The somewhat more elaborate TKO 2.0 is more expensive and a little less simple to set up, but if, like me, you keep telling yourself you are going to learn to do those impossible coin vanishes one day, it is fun to have that extra functionality in reserve. The one difference between UCCU and TKO 2.0 is that the latter requires a little prior wardrobe prep and thus is a little flexible and spontaneous since it can only be properly installed in clothing items slightly modified for the purpose. The UCCU goes quickly into any suitable garment on a moment's notice. Heck, even though I already have the black and white TKO, I might pick up the UCCU just for this purpose Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Combine: U.C.C.U. and a mem-deck - a very strong weapon. (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL