The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pouch Maker (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
I understand gazo no longer makes a pouches , Can anyone lead me in the right
direction where to have one made .

m123
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1583 Posts

Profile of Markymark
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Thank you MM.

M123
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Gazzo put up a post on Facebook a couple of months ago saying he was making pouches and asking for orders. I'm pretty sure he still makes them.

I think the way he does it is to make all the orders up at a certain point or points in the year then that's the lot until the next time he makes them. I might be wrong.
Try contacting Gazzo by email if you're after one, I'm sure he'll tell you when/if he's making any more. I've seen them close up and used one and they are seriously nice bits of kit. Very sturdy, very heavyweight leather, very nicely made.
Definitely one of the best options if you are doing a cups and balls routine like his. I.e. with lots of final loads and a large hat load.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Frank at "theambitiouscard.com" has the best pouches on the market!! And the price is always affordable. Smile
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Magic123 Gazzo makes best pouches on Planet. It pays to buy best then you will never have to buy another which is most cost efficient in long run.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1105 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Now hey, I'm the first to admitt, my knowledge of Pouches is completely second hand,..
personally I don't work with one.
But some of the information I've heard....
Frank Starsani fittingly uses Kangaroo leather.....

With each Pouch, Frank delivers; you receive a list of other Pouch buyers,
you can sleep for FREE in their homes(!).
'Pouch Surfing' he calls it....

AND,...Frank has a special 'Stealth Pouch'(!).
It's worn UNDER the pants!
Yeah.
It holds ALL the usual loads,.. including Final loads,.
conciled UNDER the pants.
Frank points out, "When NOT Busking, you can continue wearing it.
It impresses the ladies!"
He sold one to Kozmo a couple of years back.
A few months later, they re-met.
Koz, somewhat disappointed said,
"Frank, the Pouch is super. Holds everything. But it doesn't really turn the chicks...."
Frank said, "Let me take a look....
oh,.. hmmm,.. you're wearing it properly,.. under your pants,..
but Koz,...here's the problem...
you're suppose to wear it in the FRONT,..
not the back...."

yeah,. real Kangaroo leather!
gallagher.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
If you're doing Gazzo's routine then I recommend Gazzo's pouch and my website says so.
http://theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=70

If you're not using a routine with a melon final load and 6 huge oranges, there are lots of options.

The quality of both pouches is superb. Mine are guaranteed for life. I'm sure Gazzo's are as well.

Some want a laced pouch and Gazzo is the only one that makes those.
We both make stitched pouches. Modern stitching is incredibly strong and stronger than the leather itself.

For some, a Cellini pouch is the best pouch on the planet and it looks and functions nothing like Gazzo's or my Busking Pouch.
For those that don't even do the cups and balls, some pouches would be ridiculous.
If you're loading a melon, a Cellini Pouch is useless.

As I've performed more, the size factor became less of a concern and I started using 4 lemons and a coconut. Very compact!
So, unless I'm in a busking environment, I use our "Parlor Pouch"; it rolls up and fits in my case, I don't need a place to keep my money, and a lot of extra props. It's also cheaper but will still last a lifetime.

I've always appreciated everyone's support of my pouches but It's best to pick the right pouch for your act.

Gotta love a pouch!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I use one of Gazzo's pouches for when I perform the cups and balls. Great for a final hat load, whatever it may be.

When I'm strolling and don't plan on being "prop heavy" I use Ambitious Card's HIP POUCH. Has enough room for a full size Don Alan Ch*p C#p and two loads.

When I plan on bringing more props to a gig, then it's Ambitious Card's PARLOR PLUS POUCH.

All have been great. I've used all 3 extensively over the years, working mostly outdoors, and they look good as new.

You can't go wrong with either maker. It's just a matter of what you want your pouch for.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Gazzo also makes custom size pouches he is making me one now!
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Gary Knights makes great pouches he is with gazoo now in Holland .if you need garys email contact me
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I want t point out how awesome it is that Frank points to Gazzo for Gazzo's pouch. What a CLASS ACT!
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
667 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, mike bonfield wrote:
Gary Knights makes great pouches he is with gazoo now in Holland .if you need garys email contact me

You can catch Gary Animal's exploits in Europe with the Great Gazoo Smile on Facebook.
Some great pics of Italy and there are some pouches he may still have for sale.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pouch Maker (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL