The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Greater Magic by Hilliard. Is there a preferred version? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Greater Magic by Hilliard is one title notably absent from my book library. I've been looking for a reasonably priced version of the Kaufman reprint because of the extra content added by Mr. Kaufman. I have long assumed that it must be worth it to seek this version, but we all know where assumptions lead!

So I hope that those who know more than I do might give me some comments on this consideration of mine.

Is the extra content in the Kaufman version worth the hunt/price, or is it just as well that I buy one of the previously published editions?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

-Alan
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
For bibliophiles the first edition (1938) will always be the "one to get." For the rest of us the 1994 Kaufman reprint is highly sought after because of the extra material. I've got a copy of the 1942 edition that is worth the least of every edition printed! If you just want the material and are not a collector then I'd say any edition of this book is worthy of adding into your library. The extra material would be nice but the standard book itself is quite a large volume.

Good luck on your search.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
I appreciate the information, Steven. Thanks for responding.

-Alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Greater Magic by Hilliard. Is there a preferred version? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL