The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What's your favorite routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Do you have a routine using birds?

What's your,
• Favourite appearance? • Favourite vanish? • Favourite transposition?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I don't do birds anymore, but my favorite appearance was Gloves to Dove (table model). I first had Abbott's make, and later made my own. I used this in a Nissan commercial and it really looked like trick photography.

I actually have one other production that was a personal favorite, but I would risk giving away too much info if I explained it... basically, a fireball to dove between my assistant and I. Cool effect and killer crazy method.

One that I wish I had was the Doves in Net (from air). Love it!!

Favorite vanish was probably the Newspaper Tear-Apart, although I sometimes used it to change two birds into a cat... so maybe it was also a transposition. I had a dove cage vanish, but the Newspaper Tear Apart was still a very good trick.

Favorite transposition was changing me into a dove. This involved a complex French door backdrop that served as a flash appearance from which I appeared. I then produced many doves which were perched in the windows of the doors. At the end, I vanished and one more dove appeared in the window, as if I became one of them.

There is one transposition that I want to eventually build for my collection where birds vanish from one cage and appear in another, like Owen's Master Cage Illusion.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Tom and sherry doing newspaper tear appart vanish was ****ing sexy back in the day and still is f you can find video - just bam bam bam gone it was awesome -- really a great dove act and one of my favorites of all time
DANSPERRY.COM
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Last I heard, when Sherrie died, Tom got out of the business and is/was selling furniture.

Yes, T&S had a real class act. We worked together on a corporate date in West Virginia for Howard Schultz. They were a delight!

I uaed doves in the school show (1968--1995)and those two birds "did" eight minutes! Two productions and LOTS OF SCHTICK! They really earned their seeds!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Thanks for that!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Appearance with a Dove Frame.
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
Dove bag is a great item. I use apparatus and loads, but this is always my favorite (and gets a great audience reaction); both to music and patter. The key is to be able to really show it enmpty (and be gentle on our little friend).

Rick
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
And I agree, Tom and Sherry a GREAT act!!
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, sperris wrote:
Tom and sherry doing newspaper tear appart vanish was ****ing sexy back in the day and still is f you can find video - just bam bam bam gone it was awesome -- really a great dove act and one of my favorites of all time

I have one of those tear apart vanishes in my shed somewhere. That awesome video makes me want to get dig it out a start doing it again! I forgot how much I liked Tom and Sherry's act.

Favorite that I do: Dove Pan. I don't care want anybody says, It gets a jaw dropping reaction every time!

Favorite that I don't do: Gloves to dove. Is there anything more magical?
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I must admit I think my silk fountain to doves is my favorite right now.
all those silks fluttering out and then bam dove.
i also like my new custom doves to girl blammo I had rich hill make me.
its the perfect ending to my routine. gets a holy smokes look on their faces every time.
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What's your favorite routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL