The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Killer Clowns (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Hey everyone, one of my signature close up/story telling effects called "Killer Clowns" is now available through Gemini Artifacts. I am very excited to be partnering with this great company! I have been performing this effect for years and it is now available to the public. The Effect: 24 criminal psychological test cards, all with hand drawn cards featuring clowns, some drawn by children, some drawn by serial killers. The test provides a bizarre insight into a person's inner thoughts and an insight to their true desires to either lean toward evil/destructive tendencies or toward good. The effect features actual drawings by Charles Manson and John Wayne Gacy and never fails to wow the unsuspecting test candidate. We hope you guys like it!

http://geminiartifacts.com/artifacts/div......r-clowns
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I LOVE the sound of this ! Especially anything with killer clowns Smile
Heading over to GA to order this now -
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Is this a twist on *OT* ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
The coulrophobic in me loves this. Thanks. Maybe my picture can be added to these one day
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Hello is this really based on a true criminal psychological test?
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
No it is not Darkness but the story and cards look authentic.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Boring practical question: what kind of stock is it printed on?
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
The cards are tarot sized and printed on the same stock as Poe brainwave which is a standard card stock with a lovely linen finish.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Sounds sick & brilliant. That & Vic's rep + the fact that I'll use this often ( don't ask why the killer clown theme works for me ) makes it a winner! Ordered.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There are a lot of folks here who hate the "I just pushed the PayPal button on this" type of posts...and I for the most part agree (and I'm probably one of the main perpetrators)...an emphasis on the commercial aspect of this craft may demean the more vital performance aspect. However, in this case, I am proud of myself for pushing the PayPal button. I hate clowns. Fear them. Their presence is far worse for me than any other real or imagined entity.

My problem. Not yours.

Yet, I looked at these props and was drawn to them. Especially the applications of different depictions of clowns. I like the idea of different sources for the artwork...so many story opportunities. So in the hopes of conquering my fears, I pushed the button.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
This is so cool! What a great idea! Love it!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Split Reality is one of the very first mentalism pieces I ever bought.

As a photgrapher myself I appreciated the work and effort that went into the images as much as the routine itself.
A great piece of work J.

steve
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
This is certainly not a rip off. Jeff and I discussed this last year when I started thinking about releasing it. I have been doing this effect since 2004 (and have proof in my older computer files). When he first found out about I told him I had no idea about his ebook and what it contained. This effect came about after I watched a documentary about serial killers (specifically John Wayne Gacy and Charles Manson) and it talked about their artwork, Manson's work goes for an outrageous prices and Gacy was known for painting clowns. That was back in 2004 and if anything I drew my inspiration from Lebanon Circle's From Hell which was always one of my go to routines. Dan and I have been discussing this release over the last couple years. I printed my own version back then and have been refining this over the years. Killer Clowns is an independent creation with using a method that is used in several effects.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, WayneCapps wrote:
This is certainly not a rip off. Jeff and I discussed this last year when I started thinking about releasing it. I have been doing this effect since 2004 (and have proof in my older computer files). When he first found out about I told him I had no idea about his ebook and what it contained. This effect came about after I watched a documentary about serial killers (specifically John Wayne Gacy and Charles Manson) and it talked about their artwork, Manson's work goes for an outrageous prices and Gacy was known for painting clowns. That was back in 2004 and if anything I drew my inspiration from Lebanon Circle's From Hell which was always one of my go to routines. Dan and I have been discussing this release over the last couple years. I printed my own version back then and have been refining this over the years. Killer Clowns is an independent creation with using a method that is used in several effects.

A simple question. Are the picture side of the cards m***ed so the performer doesn't have to look at the backs of the cards while going through the "sorting."
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Hey Al, they are not but, there is a m***ing method that I talk about in the manual. Long story short, you do not have to look at the back while showing the cards. If you want specifics, just PM me.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Thanks Steven!

Your words are greatly appreciated!

J
xxx
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
The art looks so great. Everybody loves a clown, right?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
“There’s Nothing Funny About a Clown in the Moonlight”-Lon Chaney

I'm in.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, Stephen Young wrote:
Split Reality is one of the very first mentalism pieces I ever bought.

As a photgrapher myself I appreciated the work and effort that went into the images as much as the routine itself.
A great piece of work J.

steve

Im not sure I understand the relavence here. Did he create OOTW? Does his use clown images? This has got to be the most loose reference I have ever seen. What is the connection? I have used Killer Clowns for many years. I sat at IBM meetings where the images were offered free along with a how to print them on card stock etc well before the release of the mentioned ebook. ...not that this needs defending as I still do not understand the connection. Is it simply that both are using OOTW method in a spooky setting? I can think of quite a few effects that fall into this catagory. When someone releases an effect it is a big day for them. I just want to make sure it is clear why exactly his day has been soiled with what was written to imply that he copied this effect in some fashion. If anything is so similar that it could be considered a copy - I have known WC for a long time and assure you it was not intentional and credit will be given. (not credited for inspiration but for existing in a main stream format)

On a positive note - this plays very well. I am really glad to finally see an official release. I have been bugging him for years to do something with it. I understand some of the images have been remasted from the 04 version and I love the tarot card stock over using playing cards. I have an order in already and Im expecting it any day. The longest I have ever waited for something from Gemini was 10 days. I usually get it in 3 days or less. (they are only 1 state away from me so it is usually the next day) This will definitely go into my everyday backpack. I hope nobody else puts their magic in a backpack or you will be hearing from me!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Zoop, much of this thread has been deleted. You have a fraction of the story. Relax.
xxx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Killer Clowns (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL