The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Paper for Super Sharpie? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
What do you all use? I'm thinking photo paper but I'd rather have something in a small notebook or similar item. Any ideas, and links, would be great. Thanks.
- Ryan
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
It's a messy product that will get stuff all over your fingers. I was disappointed with it and moved on. I've yet to meet anyone who used that tool more than a week after purchase. You may be an exception.

You could go to an office store and try different weights of paper. Once you find one you like, have them make a notepad out of it.

My best suggestion is that you go to your wastebasket, find the crumpled pieces of paper inside, and put your Super Sharpie beneath them. Take the trash out to the curb and resist the temptation to retrieve the Sharpie.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
I have never had a problem with it...write on paper, not on fingers!
Back of business card works well
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, bunkyhenry wrote:
I have never had a problem with it...write on paper, not on fingers!
Back of business card works well

Don't you get an audible "squeak" sound on some papers? I would think it would need to have some gloss on it. Perhaps I'm just doing it wrong.
- Ryan
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I would think that sharpie would smear easily on glossy stock. But, then again, I'd never use an ink writer of any sort. No way of knowing when it's going to run out of ink- but when it does it will be at the worst possible time.

Grease pencil or China marker leads are far superior and easily seen from a distance.

Some people seem to think that pencils or china markers are somehow suspicious. But I would think that using glossy paper would really seem a bit odd.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Glossy back is best. I just order my buz cards with glossy backs..no sound and no mess. Again, write on the card not on your fingers! LOL
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
I'd never use an ink writer of any sort. No way of knowing when it's going to run out of ink- but when it does it will be at the worst possible time.

Simple, then. Don't use it at the worst possible time. Problem solved. Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
There's one in every crowd!
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
Thank you! I will try some business cards.
- Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Paper for Super Sharpie? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL