The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Two Handed Fan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Dear all,

I have been practising the two handed fan for the past week and still can't get it right. can someone direct me to the threads that may help me?
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Which two handed fan?
Who is John Galt?
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
The beginer's one. It doesn't seems to show all 52 cards. I can only do at the most 30+ cards. Is it because of the size of my hands?
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
It'll take more than a week to learn how to fan cards neatly. Your hands will learn how to do it before you do. Just keep practicing. Figuring out the pressures will only come with time.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
It takes years do do a proper fan, showing all indexes every time.

mmG Roland
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Nonsense!

A perfect two-handed pressure fan is not all that difficult. It's more a knack than anything else.

First, find a good description of the technique. There's one in Greater Magic among many other places. Keep trying and, after a while, you'll suddenly discover that you've got it.

I don't believe that hand size is much of a factor. However, a certain amount of hand strength will help to maintain control.

A perfect fan is much easier with a deck that is in good condition but, once you've got the knack, it's possible with fairly well worn cards.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
I have very small hands and I can do a two-handed fan perfectly.
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Do U spread the cards slowly in the beginning or in one motion? What abt the index finger and the thumb that provides the axis, do you need to put lots of pressure on it? If I put lots of pressure the cards won't spread, if too little, it went out of shape? Am I trying the right way? I used the card college as a reference and RRTCM? I still don't understand the description by RRTCM..I think the hands mention is not right?
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Pressure for me doesn't matter. Just make sure that the thumb is in the very inner corner to spread or else it won't spread.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
That sounds funny to me, as I keep my thumb closer to the outside corner and ny fan spreads perfectly. As I spread, the cards rotate a little on my thumb and at the end of the spread my thumb is left right in the center.

I find closing the fan with one hand to be even more fun than making the fan in the first place, though. Who's with me Smile It took longer for me to get that knack down
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Two Handed Fan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL