The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Electronic Mentalism? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
I know labco,promystic and taylor imagineering are doing amazing stuff but in current stage it is beyond my budget.
Any advice about similar reliable products but more cheap.

THX Smile
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
You can get cheap, but then it's not reliable.
You can get reliable, but then it's not cheap.

If you want electronics, the guys you mention are the best. If you want to save your money, don't go for cheap electronics, but find other means of obtaining the same effects. Be it sleight of hand, psychology or others.
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Greg rostami has some amazing app- related stuff if you don't mind using a phone..
hypblake
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of hypblake
You don't need electronics. They can be nice to have, but they in no way make, or break a show. In fact unreliable ones are far more likely to break a show.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
If you're up for trying to build electronic mentalism devices yourself, check out Jon Thompson's Electronics for Magicians series.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Why use electronics when you can do the real thing?
Imind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Imind
Ill second Greg Rostami if your budget is limited.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think you have to be very clear in your mind what you want to achieve when you go out and spend your money. i.e. what are you getting that is better than the alterntives that don't use expesnive gimmicks. Typically the answer is a level of cleanness you cannot achieve without electronics. However, I would consider carefully whether its worth it.

As an example; the pro mystic dice is a fantastic bit of kit (i don't own one but do have the MD), but more often than not I see them used to predict a one in six outcome i.e. they select a number and you devine it. Now surely, there are lower cost alternatives that achieve very similar when the spectator recals their experience. If nothing else, as a kid I used to own those little cannisters that you put the dice in and they were fairly effective and clean.

So what I am saying is perhaps don't look for low cost electronic solutions but instead, consider what effect you want to create and then look at the best method for doing so that you can afford. You may well find the use of electronics adds very little beenfit.
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Electronics in mentalism are great. The problem of electronics for me is their price, I can imagine that not every performer is able to pay $200 for a piece of electronic.

What I would love to suggest to all colleagues who wants a solid piece of electronic for mentalism purposes is to get Paul Brook's "The Book of Lies", where Paul shares with us really great idea on how to do yourself a cheap variation of wonderful piece of electronic at home.

Blessings
Ulrich
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you all who wrote me here and who sent private messages:)
I agree with you cheap products = not reliable.
Yes I can do similar affects with other methods but electronic products more deceptive and cleaner + gives performer more freedom .
Regards
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
bobgill
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of bobgill
Every prop has a downside or weak spot.
One of the joys of magic today (for me anyway) is that, whilst one is spoiled for choice on the market, you have to really research the item and its competing products, and think about how you motivate the circumstances that meet the weaknesses.
In this instance:
- The Promystic is a lovely prop, but hideously expensive.
- Remote 3000 has to be inside its box, which can seem a limiting factor.
- iCube or rvPhotocube transmit via an iPhone - which can drop out on occasion.
- using a vi****ing receiver requires you to count the transmissions, which can be disconcerting as it demands your attention.
- but using a receiver with l****s has to be in view, and this can be limiting.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2015, bobgill wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. Promystic are professional tools for professional performers. The price is absolutely most affordable for any professional. If this is not you, these tools and products are not designed for you, fine, but there is no need to create such negative or improper perspectives. Let's keep it on the proper pespective. Anyone using these tools will quickly tell you they are worth far more than their price.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2015, bobgill wrote:
Every prop has a downside or weak spot.
One of the joys of magic today (for me anyway) is that, whilst one is spoiled for choice on the market, you have to really research the item and its competing products, and think about how you motivate the circumstances that meet the weaknesses.
In this instance:
- Remote 3000 has to be inside its box, which can seem a limiting factor.
- iCube or rvPhotocube transmit via an iPhone - which can drop out on occasion.
- using a vi****ing receiver requires you to count the transmissions, which can be disconcerting as it demands your attention.
- but using a receiver with l****s has to be in view, and this can be limiting.

How often do you post the same? I read this uninformed statement all over the places.
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This guy has posted over 16 times in one day - today.

Very very very odd. Maybe he's trying to get to 50 fast perhaps?

A few days ago he posted over 11 times in one day.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
But why all of a sudden? He's been a member here for eight years. Either isn't familiar with or doesn't want to follow the rules. You know what happens next...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Correction - Café user/abuser Bob Gill has posted **20 times** in one day (today) and a number of the messages posted are excatly the same under different section as Jan correctly stated.

After 8 years - now he's caffienated huh?
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Why do these discussions get carried out in public areas? Seems very short sighted to me.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I have said that before, but because I posted the same content in different places as an answer to the same postings (see above) MY (!) postings disappeared... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ruzifa
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of ruzifa
I second Greg Rostami's apps when I'm on the go... Coupled with a peek device or CT... You could cleverly use it for revelation with some ESP/Emotion symbols and images uploaded unto the app.

However, I would personally recommend I/O as it's the most versatile product in the market to date IMO... Mind reading, revelation, configurable cube... What's more you could even do a colour match routine! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Electronic Mentalism? (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL