The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Feedback on my updated website? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Hi Guys,

I have been a full time entertainer for the past two years and I am loving every second of it. I have recently made some new updates to my website and I would love to get some feedback.

www.StevenBrundageMagic.com

Thank you guys
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only thing I see is that you are mixing your target market. Most clients do not like to hire say a children's entertainer to entertain their corporate 500 clients. You need a separate website for each type of client you selling to.

Also, tell more of what you provide for the client, why should they hire you. Where do you perform, anywhere in the world or only in a specific geographic area. What services do you provide for them. Why are you their and what will you do for them.

Or hire someone who can arrange your pages so they tell more all at one glance.

I am sure you are aware this has been asked many times, why not go back and read what advice others have gotten. I am sure you will get some valuable insight for your website as well.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Steven,

What I see (keep in mind I am looking at it from a tech viewpoint with this)

-- The code in your site is linking out and causing 404 errors ... Search engines will see this as a STOP! Then they leave your site and do not index it completely
-- You are using title tags in your site... Good... but they are way to long the max should be no more than 70 Characters. Make them sentences about the page, not just Keyword
then same phrase. It looks like SPAM to search engines.
-- You are not using Meta Description tags.. These help you dictate what search engines show people and should be good sales copy. In other words, command the click.
-- Meta Keywords tag.. These are not indexed by search engines to rank your site, but they are compaired to the content to show relevance and help in other ways with the
Google hummingbird update.
-- Heading Tags H1 H2 and so on... Think of these as news titles and headlines. Currently the H1 in your site is your name. Each page should have a primary HEADLINE and a
Sub headline. Use CSS to make your name larger not an H1 tag. This will help to let the search engines know what your site is about, and focus the authority.
-- Make sure your call to action is CLEAR, Stands out, and is above the fold
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
monstercreations
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of monstercreations
Hi Steve,
It's corporate looking and a squarespace template by the looks.... and to be honest just a bit dull.
You have good photos and content but the whole site is a bit vanilla... just my opinion of course.
cheers,
Ade
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Adding H1 and H2 will def. help break up the paragraphs and help SEO.
I like it, you got a lot of great crisp photos which is what makes a website.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Feedback on my updated website? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL