The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Help on Ralph Adams Hindu Sword Basket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hello everybody,

I've posted this already in the Grand Illusion section, getting the suggestion to post it here aswell. Thanks to Bill Hegbli ! Smile

I would like to build or have build a Ralph Adams Hindu Sword Basket, but I'm having some "trouble". I own his book with the plans, but they don't really explain how to build it. Specially the way how to hold the basket walls together. I would like to have it sturdy enough to step on the top edge to enter the basket.

The other problem is that the angles aren't explained either...

Could somebody give me some help and hints please ?

If I'm right Chalet build a great version of it, but they're out of business...

If needed please feel free to PM, since it would involve some secrets.

Thank you very much in advance.

Oliver.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Do a search in this section, for Ralph Adams Hindu Sword Basket. You will find your answers to your questions.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Thank you Bill and illusionman2 !

That's the topic I've found already before I copied the message from the grand illusion section to the workshop section. I didn't find anything else yet. Guess, I have to take the school rulers and compass out of the school bag to calculate on my own.

Anyway, I thought of building a cardboard mockup for the minimum and maximum size of my assistante to fit her in as tight as possible.

The rest lies in the paintjob, which needs to be very deceptive, since it is as important as the size of the prop.

If anyone else would like to chime in giving tips and hints, you're most welcome. Smile

Oliver.
RobWestcottMagic
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of RobWestcottMagic
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2014, Oliver Ross wrote:
Hello everybody,

I've posted this already in the Grand Illusion section, getting the suggestion to post it here aswell. Thanks to Bill Hegbli ! Smile

I would like to build or have build a Ralph Adams Hindu Sword Basket, but I'm having some "trouble". I own his book with the plans, but they don't really explain how to build it. Specially the way how to hold the basket walls together. I would like to have it sturdy enough to step on the top edge to enter the basket.

The other problem is that the angles aren't explained either...

Could somebody give me some help and hints please ?

If I'm right Chalet build a great version of it, but they're out of business...

If needed please feel free to PM, since it would involve some secrets.

Thank you very much in advance.

Oliver.
RobWestcottMagic
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of RobWestcottMagic
Chalet is not out of business but George is no longer building most of the larger illusions like this. I own the Chalet Sword Basket. It's terrifically well made. I'm not a builder but I would think this would be difficult to build. Good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Help on Ralph Adams Hindu Sword Basket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL