The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Prop less Gaffless Mentalism Workshop (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello
Any reviews on this?
I really just wanted to know if it is a rehash of what can be found in his PDFs.

Prop less Gaffless Mentalism is something that I like doing but I don't want to buy this recording if I already have the routines in printed form.

Best
Ray
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Ray,

I'm sure others will chime in soon and so I'll try to keep this short by saying we went about 3 hours, covered a ton of ground and had a great time.

During the course of our afternoon I taught and discussed signature items such as my "Thought Channel", "Energetic Touches" and multi-phase "Pulse Stop" routine. I shared my thoughts on why readings, hypnosis and CMR are skill sets worth learning, applying and benefiting from immediately. I also shared some of my favorite recommendations for impromptu close up mentalism (things like Kenton's fabulous "KK" and Jimmy Finger's "Free Will of Order"), casual ways to handle bending coins and keys, new ways to use the Barnum/Forer statements and classic stock reading lines in a NON-CANNED READING, a short but dynamic "Telepathy In Action" sequence that I favor and much, much more.

For $69.00, the time spent, material taught, approach championed and advice dispensed is well worth it.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance or answer any specific questions for you personally, my friend!

Yours,
Jerome
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
For those of you interested, I will mention that it is not necessary to have any of jerome's books to fully understand and apply his brilliant principles in this recording.

Regards,
Mike
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
309 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
I was unable to participate in the live call, but I have listened through the recording at least 3 times now, and there are a few sections that I want to dissect down more. My act is mostly propless already (if you're not counting billets, and large pads for drawing on), but Jerome makes well reasoned arguments as to why when doing "propless" mentalism, you should just go ahead and ditch things like DR, or st**ging. He turns around and makes his suggestions as to what you SHOULD replace them with. There is a majority of his work that I do NOT have, so I cannot say how fully he explained some of his routines as opposed to how fully he has explained them in his written material. That said, I feel as though I could get a very good start on his Energetic touches routine as well as his Though Channel.

There is a LOT of material that gets covered over 3 hours, and I feel as though Jerome would have spent more if he could, giving soul that he is. He does make several references to his own material, but also several references to other people's material (e.g. Richard Webster, Luke Jermay, etc) giving you multiple rabbit holes to run down should you be so inclined.

Do I recommend it? Sure. But my performance style already leaned toward the minimalist. I wanted some ideas for direction to continue taking my act and I did, so I feel I got my money's worth. Doing the kind of work that Jerome is talking about takes a certain amount of cojones, and it is not for everyone. If you like Jerome's past work, it will pay off in dividends.

thus endeth the review.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Ray:

I don't have the books so cannot make a comparison, but I was on the call.
Jerome mentioned the routines taught on the call and I can say that based on the call I have more than enough understanding to perform each of them.

Tony
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
423 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Definitely WORTH more than the MSRP! Smile Thanks Jerome . . . Smile
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
If you’re a performer that shares a personal love for real, emotional and of course POWERFUL mentalism as well as hypnosis then don’t be discouraged by this reviews length. If you’re one of these fellow lovers of this timeless style of mentalism and hypnosis then trust me this will answer a lot of the questions and concerns that I had when I was debating whether this workshop was right for me. Anyway, keep your eyes glued and turn off that side window full of adorable kitten pictures so we can get started into a few thoughts on this workshop…

Ok, so Jerome leads in with a very inspiring and thought provoking “rant” from the heart on the nature of the material being discussed as well as his personal view on performing as a whole. I will be honest, I LOVE the thought process and realism that Jerome strives to add to his work through his “big three”, but I disagree to an extent on his opinion on his “three bads” because well…I am stubborn basically. The talk was open to other knowledgeable students to comment and question, which like Docc’s Doccinars, is a really nice touch (Docc and Jerome both lecturing side by side for a call…great idea hint, hint) and the other students asked some great questions. Jerome discussed readings and how to get started in actually DOING readings, which even I am going to look into because I know it will beneficial to my already solid readings that I currently do. So as this persists, we begin to move into a subject matter surrounding bending objects such as coins, keys and spoons, which has some truly valuable information and he discusses the only objects he leaves home with.

So now the real meat and potatoes of the workshop comes in, Jerome briefly starts breaking down and discussing how to generate extra moments in his signature Thought Channel routine that he continues to use on stage (normally like a $120 book). I’ve heard so much about Though Channel and I see now why it is something that Jerome constantly mentions throughout the books I own by him, it’s a truly amazing deep piece of empathetic theatre that will affect people in major ways. He talks about how using these principles can also be used in other routines to take the gaffs out, which was probably my favorite tip from the whole entire talk.

The second routine discussed is another of Jerome’s signature effects, which personally is something I look forward to incorporating into my work ASAP. The basic effect is that an audience member (or members) feels hot and cold energy blasts then you can repeat it from a distance, which is AMAZING and simple. The principles and basic method behind this demonstration that we know as Energetic Touches is really clever. This looks and feels like the real thing because IT IS, which personally I find really appealing and exciting. I can’t believe he shared this on the call; it really goes to show you how passionate about these works Jerome is.

The final routine that is discussed in a lot of detail is Jerome’s handling of the pulse stop effect, which includes different opinions from his view point of other’s work on the subject including his thoughts on Jermay’s classic For Andruzzi from Seventh Deception. Jerome’s pulse control routine is another really incredible example of how he is doing REAL phenomena and it’s very exciting, if you’ve never done a pulse stop before then you need to pick this up at least for this routine because it can completely bring down the house when presented in the way Jerome teaches. The teaching was again very in depth and again, no props needed other than a willing spectator with hands.

The rest of the call focused on more great ideas surrounding pulses, contact mind reading, psychic/personality readings and even my favorite subject…Telepathy In Action. There are a lot of hidden gems in this whopping three hour long recording…one routine by a Mr. Fingers that isn’t taught, but I kind of which he hadn’t mentioned…it’s too good to even let people know exist, but that might be just being a greedy little ***…but I digress. So like I said earlier, this is a lot like the intimacy and ambiance Docc’s Doccinars, but with Jerome. You can take this information out and make back your money you spent, I will definitely be tuning into the next call and thanks to Jerome as well as Dan Strange for sharing with us all.

Was all that reading really that bad? Smile

-Jakob
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Thanks guys for writting your thoughts. I have a few of Jerome's books and they have improved my performance and overall out look on how things should be done.

I do 'Thought Channel' all the time. I enjoy doing prop less routines.

After reading the review (above) I find that I am already familiar with everything mention. But I still believed that I will find value in getting this.

Best
Ray
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Agreed!

I really appreciate all of you who supported the event, chimed in here with your feedback and continue to find value in my unique offerings and contributions.

I couldn't do it without you guys, nor would I want to!

Much love,
Jerome
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
441 Posts

Profile of robvh
Where is this available? I Googled it to no avail.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Thank you for your interest, Rob!

You can find my recording of the workshop (together with the rest of my available material) here:

deepersecrets.com/propless-gaffless-mentalism-workshop/

Please let either Dan or I know if we can answer any questions or be of further assistance to you.

Best,
J.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I would recommend that everyone get on Jerome's mailing list. I love receiving his emails that have so much helpful information regarding his offerings!

Regards,
Mike
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1637 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Ray ~

Let us know what you think after listening to the recording. I think you'll find it works as an expansion and supplement to what the books offer.

~ Dan
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
423 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Propless Gaffless Mentalism delivers! And many of my studies are Jerome's works. I would love to hear more of these mp3s/audios in the future. Superb work, Jerome and Dan!

Brightest Blessings!
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1637 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Ray, have you had a chance to listen to the recording yet? If so please share.

I also want to announce we are having the second of our Propless Gaffless Mentalism Workshops tomorrow. Again it will be recorded if you can't attend live.

Click here to read more about it

There has been some recent discussion about propless mentalism and the definition Jerome is using is a bit different. Propless in the view doesn't mean you perform with nothing. Instead it refers to not needing any specialized prop to do your show. Show paper, pencils, and all the usual stuff are fair game. Gaffless speaks for itself.

If you have any interest in this sort of thing check out the link above. Also know that the price will go up after the Workshop so even if you just want the recording now is the time to reserve your place.

~ Dan
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Dan or Jerome, please pm me with the link to the audio for Workshop II. I have the invoice ID available.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Going "HARD" next Saturday, fair warning.

Smile

J.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Hey all...

Tuned in live to the call briefly yesterday and since Dan was so prompt on putting up the recording (guy is seriously a legend), I am listening to the rest right now. Everything I said in my review of the first one holds true here for quality, only thing that has changed is the material discussed. In this call there is a real mixed bag of interesting classic ideas ranging from faith healing feats and of course the big hidden secret here is that Jerome shares indepth information on his True Telepathy appearently from his Thought Dial book. While I am not familiar with the aforementioned book, if it is the original hiding place of True Telepathy then I need it stat. Any way...I am only two out of three hours in, this is another MONSTER of a conference session. Dan and Jerome, keep it up because I LOVE these calls and would love to see one on heart to heart communication.

Jakob
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

I am a fan of True Telepathy from Thought dial. I remember the first time that I did it. It was amazing and felt so real to the person.

I downloaded part 2 but don't have time to sit next to a darn computer and listen for three hours. Dan, Jerome, is there a way to put this on a CD? Now that I think about it, I do have a music program that will do this. I can place it into the program and turn it into a wave format and burn a few CDs to listen in my boom box and while I am driving. As soon as I can do this, I will then listen to the discussion.

I am sure that this will be cool and enhance the books that a few of us already have.

Can't wait to listen to the recording.

Best
Ray
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1637 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Ray ~

The file is an MP3 file. It will play on any modern phone or portable music device. Even most car stereos will play a CD with MP3 files on it. Having said that my car still has an older system that plays cassettes! But you can obtain an MP3 player very inexpensively now.

You are going to really enjoy the contents.

~ Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Prop less Gaffless Mentalism Workshop (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL