The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » X-ball (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It could be the Google translator reads it as Chinese writing. I don't believe they can translate Taiwanese, I don't see it in the Google list.

I have not way to check, as here in America, translators are not commonly used.

What is NT, it is not listed on the Currency Converter.
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Bill,

Do you know this is a Taiwanese shop?
Correction: I was referring to the price of the holder instead of ball.
Single holder = 1800NT, one pair = 3000NT.
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
I saw the X ball and the X holder on sale at the Subang Magic Convention and it was sold at about 40 usd each.

The X Ball is a Shell gimmick where you are able to show the balls front and back after a production, which you cannot do normally. It's made of metal(to prevent denting/breaking if it is dropped) and the size is a tad bigger than a 1.7 inch ball with double shell. This is so it can house a single ball in it. A bit of familiarising is required as the gimmick is fairly awkward to handle the first few times.

The X holder is a holder strapped on the arm and has two compartments with seperate release mechanisms. So one can steal something without stealing from the side. It is able to hold a ball with two shell or an X ball or even silks in a single compartment. All you need is a coat/Sleeve that are bigger than what you currently wear.

I think, the X series is an attempt to revolutionise the way ball manipulation is and to try to improve certain aspects of Ball manipulation. And no, you wont need 1000 usd for all this even if the retail price is higher than the convention price.
Matt101
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Matt101
Is there any other shop than 802 that sells those X holders?

Thanks,

Mat
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
312 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
Hey guys, I'm from Hong Kong and it is a hong kong company that produced this ball. I am informed that X-ball is akin to the Durania, and um the ACCURATE price is around 50USD per ball.
sam2452
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of sam2452
What is the ball made of plastic or metal?
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
It's made of metal.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
If it's made of metal, how can we see JieLi and JL shel*s used at the video....?

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I ordered the X-Ball from Bond Lee just now, it was $63.00 with postage.
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Dear Friends,

Here is two updated video of both X-ball and X-series
Trailer
X-ball: http://youtu.be/G5TFGrT7lyI
X-holder: http://youtu.be/eoxMk8Etosk

if you wish, you can purchase it here,
http://www.magiclismstore.com/

Cheers,
Bond
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2014, sam2452 wrote:
What is the ball made of plastic or metal?

It is made of metal, coated with special paint allow you to have a better grip.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Don't forget to buy the GMVL DVD on Richard Ross, he started the whole craze for this gimmicked ball. His Billiard Ball routine is worth learning.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bond_L, how many X-Holders are in the box for $55.00?
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Bond_L, how many X-Holders are in the box for $55.00?

One box include one holder.
You can release two ball from it.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
I received my first Durania in 1988. Can`t remember who produced it but at that time I wanted to stay away from any shell in my ball routine. My routine was quite similar to Ger Copper`s. In 1991 my home was set on fire during the war time in former Yugoslavia with most of my props including that shell so I really didn`t explore that gimmick very much. Many years later I watched Tommy Wonder`s ball routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK3JIGZctNM and it changed my opinion about Durania shell and since this clip was taken at FISM Paris in 1973 I wondered if it predated marketed version by Werry.
Today I received a gift from my good friend Bond Lee. It is a X-holder and a X-ball. Quality of both products is really good. X-ball is much better than one I had years back. Since you can combine it with a magnetic armband it opens up many possibilities as seen in Bond`s video. Even though it is metal grip is quite good and gimmick works very smoothly. I really hope that Panky will soon realize that most magicians in USA and Europe work will larger balls than 1.75 and he will also produce larger X-balls to match those sets of 2, 2 1/8, 2 1/4 inches. X-ball holder will work both with 1.75 and 2 inch balls and one holder holds 2 balls. It is a very unique design of dropper, made out of metal and will last forever. I tried both JL and Fakini balls and working was smooth. If your sleeves are not already full of pulls, reels, holdouts and other gadgets most of us like to play with than this gimmick can be a great addition to your ball act.
Thanks Bond for such a great gift.

Best,
Bojan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The 1st exposure we American's had with the Durania shell ball was when Richard Ross offered his routine on the GMVL, and on the DVD Richard stated he did not know who made it or invented it.

If you have the Tommy Wonder books, you will note that he was not using a Durania Ball, but his very own designed oval balls. The oval shape makes it possible to create similar effects as the Durania, but a totally different method.

Let's not get everyone confused.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Bill what I am talking about is Tommy Wonder`s routine from video clip I provided. Watch his ending showing 3 full balls in his left hand, producing 4th ball between ring finger and pinky and than turning the palm toward the audience to show 4 full balls. This has nothing to do with his unique oval shaped balls that he used for first 3 productions and color changes in this act. I always admired Richard Ross but if he said that on Steven`s magic video he was not telling the truth. He knew very well it was invented by Werry.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2014, bojanbarisic wrote:
Bill what I am talking about is Tommy Wonder`s routine from video clip I provided. Watch his ending showing 3 full balls in his left hand, producing 4th ball between ring finger and pinky and than turning the palm toward the audience to show 4 full balls. This has nothing to do with his unique oval shaped balls that he used for first 3 productions and color changes in this act. I always admired Richard Ross but if he said that on Steven`s magic video he was not telling the truth. He knew very well it was invented by Werry.

I did not know Werry made anything out of metal.

That final ball appearance in the left and right hands, between the 3rd and little fingers is taught on the Richard Ross DVD. Very difficult move to accomplish.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
You are right Bill, it was on Ross DVD but this clip was made 20 years before Stevens produced Richard`s video tape. I forgot to say that my doubts about who was first using those shells finished when I read a wonderful book by Wittus Witt "Werry, Ein Leben rund um die »Magische« Welt". Durania Billiardballtrick was invented by Werry in 1957. What was it made from is hard to tell from the photo in that book but I doubt it was plastic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » X-ball (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL