The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » X-ball (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thank you Bojan for the references and explanation.

I know I am stating the obvious, but it matters little when the video of Richard Ross was made, as at that time personal video recording was just invented and taking off, and magic videos were very new in the U.S. We thank Stevens Magic for bringing all those famous magicians to the U.S. to video tape their material. The Billiard Ball routine with the Durania is one of the last things on the video as I remember, and it was given more of a "here is what I did years ago" type of information, or it could have been to fill out the time on the video. Of course, I have no idea why it was included, except maybe to show his skill at designing a routine using this unique gimmick. Just as he included a jumbo card fanning routine and did not give any explanation on how to do the moves.

Of the numerous competition acts that I have seen of Richard Ross, I have never seen a Billiard Ball routine, or his Coins In Glass idea in any of the video acts. I have seen his card fanning routine though on video.

Many magicians work on ideas and routines, that they enjoy but never get to "the act" so who knows.

I just know that his Billiard Ball routine with the Durania Ball is worth mentioning and looking up for a possible move or handling that can be included in one's own act.

Then Stevens Magic was bombarded with request for the Durania Ball to be made available. After extensive searches, nothing turned up, so they had a craftsman make a few. I think it was Viking Magic. It took a long time to sell all the gimmicks, as they were much more expensive then the one being offered by Bond Lee, then they included Fakini Balls with them and then the price sky rocketed.

Bond Lee has emailed me, that my Durania Ball is in the mail, looking forward to working with it.

Question, is any video instruction going to be produced for the X-Ball and X-Holder?
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Here are some comment from different magicians, for your reference.

X-Ball
http://youtu.be/XrP2dbyElTM
X-Holder
http://youtu.be/_24hVbbgg0M
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
And now it seems that there is also X multiplying ball. It seems to be a flash four gimmick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNsBMw-_g1U

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
X Multiplying Balls has to be the hardest handling to learn. To bad there is not any training video provided for the X Balls.

Interesting that everyone wants one when they are not available, and when they are, no one buys them and comments on their success with the gimmicked ball.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
791 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, RJH wrote:
And now it seems that there is also X multiplying ball. It seems to be a flash four gimmick.

RJH

Ah... I was hoping someone would remake this.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, RJH wrote:

RJH

I researched this last September, it is using two 2 X Ball gimmicks. It is not a Nesto Ball set. I can't remember where I found these available.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Is there any training videos out yet for the X-Ball. The gimmicks would sell better if a little description that have been created with this ball gimmick.

The above video seemed to be a promo video, but I have not seen anything further if it is a promotion for a DVD or not.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22436 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bringing this Bond Lee Billiard ball topic back up do to the new Reborn DVDs being sold currently. It seems that it has taken 6 years to bring these Flash Four gimmicks and holders to the Magic Community. I wondered why Bond Lee looked older. Smile

Reading back over this material, it is a very good discussion like no other I have run across on the Café.

Wish more topic were discussions and not, where can I buy this questions, or I only want to know how it is done right now comments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » X-ball (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL