The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First success with hypnosis (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Hilarious.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He will never leave.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ELDEMONIO
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of ELDEMONIO
I believe Kenton Knepper has "outs" for hypnosis (not magic or mentalism related). By out I mean that if the hypnosis doesn't work then there's still some type of apperant hypnosis for the audience and is achieved through some other method besides actual hypnosis.

Let's suppose a person did not forget their name through a demonstration of amnesia. One could easily do, as an example, 100th monkey to get the proper effect. Note that this is not a magic trick or mentalism effect for the audience. It is still in the realms of hypnosis. Heck the participant might even believe he really is hypnotized after this. I suppose this might be what an out in hypnosis might look like.

However, I agree with the sentiment that Mindpro stated firstly. There's no outs in hypnosis it either works or doesn't. In the case above, the hypnosis did not work and was masked with a trick that still looks like hypnosis and the show continues.
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
Actually outs are very good for stage hypnosis. Almost essential in fact. Not having outs in a stage situation can lead to some very pitiful disasters. I have no idea about close up hypnosis (whatever on earth that is) though, although I suspect it can be a good idea here too.

And no. Hypnosis NEVER works! It just appears to and of course that is good enough.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10602 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2014, Marmen wrote:
Actually outs are very good for stage hypnosis. Almost essential in fact.

I would love to hear what these outs are that you speak of that are good and essential. Hypnosis outs, not magic outs. Please share.
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
Oh, I have done already. I am talking about stage hypnosis. You really need to have outs if people are refractory or not cooperating. You don't want to have a bad night with only one or two people hypnotised. Or even none at all. I know you can do some sort of show, and even occasionally good ones with a tiny few volunteers but I don't find it satisfactory or reliable. I prefer to have a few more good subjects than just one or two. And if nobody is a good subject you need an out for it. I do believe I have the best one but I prefer not to share it on an open forum. I did so once before on here but on reflection I should probably have kept quiet as this place comes up in search engines. And in any event most hypnotists don't like my system and would prefer to stand up there looking like a lemon for an hour or so. No skin off my nose.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Welcome back Mark.

Your system is idiotic. Having one or two subjects can be fantastic. The audience does not know what you are going for in the first place.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
I have no idea who Mark is. However, my system is NOT idiotic. It is the height of genius actually. Yes, having one or two subjects can be fine and I have done shows with that many. However, every hypnotist including yourself has had occasions when things go south. Sometimes the one or two subjects are pathetic and everybody else is even worse. The best thing to do in that case is to wake everybody up and try again using my system which I can assure you is quite foolproof. As I say other hypnotists have occasional disasters and shows which are not up to par. Not me. At least not any more since I have adopted this system. I have turned potential disasters into standing ovations using this wonderful idea.

If other stage hypnotists want to stand up there struggling like a lemon and looking pathetic that is up to them. Not me. I know what I am doing and will use any method to gain the reaction. But then some of us have it and some of us don't...............
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea handing out cards that say"play along" is idiotic. Sorry.

Especially if you are working for a company that all the participants know each other. You may think you get by with it but when they talk later, and they will, you are the but of the joke.

But keep using your system. The only question is do you sell the blinders that are needed to be that delusional?

61 posts and counting. Not bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
I have no idea what Danny is talking about regarding cards that say "play along". He must be confusing me with someone else.

I shall merely say that if you work for a company and stand there for an hour dying a death they will talk about that too and you really WILL be the butt of the joke! No. You MUST have an out when doing hypnosis shows. What that out may be is up to you. Danny has an "emergency show" so he must believe in outs too. I do believe and in fact KNOW that I have a far better out than that. No delusion when you get standing ovations from shows that would go down the tube in the hands of others.

In any case Danny is talking nonsense as he often does about people talking afterwards. Strangely enough they don't. And do you know why? Because the method makes them go into GENUINE hypnosis however you define it!

I am the expert in these matters and I really think Danny should listen to me if he wishes to progress. I do know that I actually made him change his mind about one thing in his show. He once admitted it to me with gritted teeth! It must have been hard for him to do that! Perhaps he might even admit that I am right in this case one day. Of course by then I will be dead and gone so I might as well take joy now while I have the chance in the fact that one day he will change his mind.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No you are an idiot in this matter Mark.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
Mark, whoever he is may be an idiot but I am certainly not. I have used this system MANY times and it works like a charm. You seem to be an expert in something you haven't actually tried. I have and it works perfectly. Still, I am quite happy for others not to do it. I may as well keep it exclusively to myself while the rest of you struggle with refractory subjects and hit or miss hypnosis shows. I never miss and always hit. I have never had a bad hypnosis show in the last ten years I have been doing this. Before I tried it I would get trouble in one out of ten shows. Just like the rest of you in fact. No more. But then some of us are born to lead and some of us are born to follow.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Some are born with delusion. You seem to have plenty.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
I put it to a vote. Who is more deluded? Me or Danny? After all he recommended "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Either he is a very bad student or he has deluded himself that he is a good one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First success with hypnosis (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL