The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Copenhagen Crazy / or Malmo, Sweden (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
I'm thinking of a visit to Scandinavia this summer, and was curious if anyone has information on the legal and practical aspects of working the street market, or other areas of the great city of Copenhagen? (Permits, locations, and if this is a city where there is an active busking community.)

An alternate location would be Malmo, in Southern Sweden (I will actually be staying near Malmo while I am there).

JM Smile
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Jesterman,
When I was in Copenhagen the "Walking Street" was full of buskers. There were several artists, several musicians, a puppeteer, but no magicians. It seems to be the best place, and it's obviously permitted, but I don't know about any permit requirements. It should be fairly easy to ask, as they speak English better than some Americans do. Interestingly, I didn't see anyone anywhere but the Walking Street. Either that's where all the tourists with money go (very true) or rules limit you to just that street. I don't really know for sure.

I didn't see any street entertainers in Malmo when I went there. There was a band playing in the main courtyard, but it looked more like a paying gig.

FYI, there used to be a Hydrofoil between Copenhagen and Malmo but it is now closed. Be prepared for a long train commute as you now have to cross the channel bridge at the opposite end of the city instead of cut straight across like it used to do.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
Quote:
...Strøget...

FYI, there used to be a Hydrofoil between Copenhagen and Malmo but it is now closed. Be prepared for a long train commute as you now have to cross the channel bridge at the opposite end of the city instead of cut straight across like it used to do.
Thanks for the great info on the Strøget. The last time I was there, I was not really thinking a lot about doing anything over there, so I paid too little attention to what was there. Well, that, and my friend and I had 3 kids in tow with us, and were in a rush to get back to Southern Sweden.

Thanks also for the info about the transport... I have been on the hydrofoils, and I was actually on the ferry that takes you from South of the airport to Limhamn, Sverige/Sweden on its very last day before closing. I've been on the train, too, and it really isn't too bad... It helps that my friends in Sverige live only 10-15 minutes or so from the train stop at the bottom of the bridge. Too bad about the hydrofoils; they were still open last time I was there, but looked like they were struggling.

Anyone else who might know about the permits, or other locations in these or other nearby cities (like Lund...)? I know that there is another place only open to pedestrians in Kobnhavn, but I seem to remember it as a 'shady' area.

JM Smile
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Copenhagen Crazy / or Malmo, Sweden (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL