The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your brand of mentalism? (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Actually, Denise took that picture after I was roasted at MindVention last November. But I looked pretty much the same when I got back from LA. (I look that way right now, in fact!)
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Just don't change your avatar!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18581 Posts

Profile of IAIN
That shot of bob makes it look like his right arm is made out of a beige and brown pillow...
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
As an entertainer, I'm always doing my best to entertain. After time, I explored, that people are best entertained, when everything seems to be about them. So I'm always trying to connect scripting, premise and effect with spectators and their ego. Make them feel special and even "psychic", if that's what they want to believe. That's the reason why I have my secret fetish for "spectator as mind reader" effects Smile

I don't like Criss Angel type effects "look at me, I'm fabulous". You will find out, that on the first impression, spectators will look amazed and in awe after performances, but experience will last maximally for 1 day, because performers like this affected audience only visually, they didn't connected their feelings, emotions and soul with the performance. Now, I don't want to start a war, I absolutely admire Criss Angel and his work and success.

If you respect this, spectators doesn't care if you used NLP, psychology, higher energy or if you are psychic. They care about the long-lasting experience they will take to their homes and never forget it, hopefully.

Blessings
Ulrich
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1541 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My brand is spontaneous little stories and miracles, that make the world stop, just for a moment, and allow two strangers to connect.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Bobs a real rock-n-roller. The Keith Richards of mentalism, love it Smile

Morgaine, what does English phlegm mean (other than the literal!)?

Best
Sean
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1445 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Could be. I like to mess with people by doing out-of-body visits.Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Surely all pubs have ''SPIRITS'' in them ;-)
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Sean Giles wrote:
Bobs a real rock-n-roller. The Keith Richards of mentalism, love it Smile

Morgaine, what does English phlegm mean (other than the literal!)?

Best
Sean

Hi Sean,

English phlegm was one of the funniest mistranslations I ever heard! Every year I spend about 5 months in the UK (part of the interfaculty agreement of my PhD) and to pass time I perform magic with a local magician. He's pretty well known in his area (though not on the Café so don't ask Smile ) and one day he had a spanish friend/magician over. And he started his show by saying how he found the english to be so phlegmatic; he used the phrase "I lob your english phlegm" and it tore the house down!
I've used it ever since.

xxx Morgaine
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I guess the cold weather could mean we really are phlegmatic Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your brand of mentalism? (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL