The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Worth a shot...Atlanta? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
As I have shared with some of you in the past six months, I have always lived in small towns in GA, so I have never had a group of folks I could jam with and share ideas etc. If it weren't for the Internet, I don't know what I would do.

I live very close to Atlanta. Is anybody out there close by?

Also, if anybody ever has a layover in Atlanta while traveling, I will buy you a beverage and a burger for a good ol' fashioned jam session in mentalism.
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Such a great gesture, I'm in Canada but the odd time we will stop in Atlanta on our way to Florida. I hope you find some others that are close by.
Twitter @darjames
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Isn't there an SAM assembly in Atlanta as well as at least one IBM ring? I know that there are plenty of magicians in and around the city. (Not sure if there are many mentalists, though, but I do know that there are PEA members in the area.)

But if I pass through Atlanta, I'll let you know.

Good thoughts,

Bob
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Yes, Joe M. Turner (Genii) is around here somewhere, but I don't get to see him often any more (i got busy raising kids and started a career path change about 12 years ago). I used to go to Gatlinburg's Winter Carnival once a year and the Atlanta Harvest until it went defunct (it's back this year though). But you're right, they are more magic centered. I live about 45 minutes from Atlanta, so I have to make a point of going there.

Yes, Bob, next time you stop in Atlanta, I would consider that a great treat to buy you dinner and listen to a few stories.

Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
We have a small group of mentalists in metro Atlanta that meet fairly regularly and share ideas. Often we meet at my house in Kennesaw. PM me.
intheillusion
View Profile
New user
Miami, FL
34 Posts

Profile of intheillusion
I'm in Atlanta for the next few months and always up for a jam session. Lunch is on me too Smile
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Atlanta, GA
499 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
I live in Douglasville and I'll home be for about a month of R & R.

A jam session sounds like a great idea.

Walter
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
gr81disp
View Profile
New user
Dallas, GA USA
11 Posts

Profile of gr81disp
I'm in Dallas, just north of Douglasville, even though I only dabble in mentalism.
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
I'm in Atlanta as well. If you haven't PM'd Jim about our mentalism group meetings, you should. I also know of a few others in town as well. I would think we could get something going.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Anyone want to set up a jam at an Atlanta restaurant?

GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
I travel for the next few weeks, but sometime mid-August or alter would be great -- maybe somewhere centrally located since we seem to be fairly spread out.
rockmartian
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of rockmartian
Glad to have seen this thread! I live in Dallas, Ga as well. I would love to share ideas and just hang with some like minded peeps.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
It's hard for me to get up to Atlanta on a weeknight (traffic is horrible in Atlanta). Will try to make the Kennesaw group sometime with JimMagus. Would love to meet on a Saturday morning or Sunday evening sometime as well.

GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
Agreed, a weekend would work better -- no need to fight the traffic if we can avoid it!
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
Here's a last minute opportunity for any mentalists in the Atlanta area. Lee Earle is performing tonight at Jerry Farber's comedy club in Buckhead if you're interested or able. He goes on at 8:30.
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
Just a quick follow-up to yesterday's post. Lee Earle performed at Jerry Farber's Comedy Club in Buckhead and was terrific. He started with a memorized deck and ended with some Q&A, with a variety of classics in between. In total he ran just over an hour. Lee has moved to Atlanta in the past year and we're hoping he'll become involved with some of the local clubs. It was a lot of fun to see a legend at work.

For those in and around Atlanta, Jerry Farber's has started doing Friday Night Magic at his club. Though I don't think they're running every Friday yet, they do seem to be having it a couple of Friday's each month and feature either a local professional or a touring pro. Check it out.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Great to know this. I am hoping I can make the next mentalism meeting...

GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
Hi RedDevil, might be worth a Friday drive up to Atlanta. I'll try and post the next event when I hear the date.
Sergei23
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Sergei23
I just saw "Worth a shot...Atlanta?" Did any of you get together for a jam session? I am interested in close up magic and would like to meet up with any other like minded folks. Meeting at a restaurant, on a weekend, would be best for me. Please send a PM if interested.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
691 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Charles Pecor (PEA member) and I live in close proximity and we get together every so often. Who lives in GA, but not in ATL? I live in Central GA (near Macon), but travel often for work. Anyone?
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Worth a shot...Atlanta? (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL