The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Eyes of Wisdom by Andreu (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5110 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Andreu is a new author from Colombia that creates Mentalism in an interesting way. He has several releases and I receive this one some time ago to give my opinions about it. It´s called "The Eyes of Wisdom" and it´s a mindreading book test.

Price and Description:
£10 at
http://andreumind06.wix.com/legion#!newreleases/c16n5

My opinion:

27 page eBook, text with photos. Nicely edited but no bookmarks.

As I say, this is a book test, and a nice method. It can be done with a borrowed unprepared book but you need a small extra item that you can find in most magic shops. It´s cheap and innocent. Nice thinking Andreu in using this.

It´s practical? In a way, if you want a clever solution to know secret information. An impromptu method for doing this is use a p***y br**k, but obviously isn't as hands off as this.

It´s 100% ? No, because the 2nd part of the method is psychological based and you need to be flexible if you realize that a psychological assumption was not done correctly. Is this a negative factor? NO ! I believe that this characteristics gives us life during performance and with that method we are really doing mindreading. I use this principle on my work and I know that works in a way or another.

I will use the main method from this release? Honestly no, but nonetheless is a real valid method for those who wants another solution to one "book test" issue.

Andreu gave credits to Richard Osterlind for a similar idea in one of his books, which is nice and shows that new creators in our community can and should care about our inspirations.

Rate: 7/10

Basically with this release you are getting a way to know which page the participant opens a book. A good method for those who are searching a hands off factor on his book test.
Good release Andreu.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Hey Pablo, thanks a lot for the review! Smile

The Eyes of Wisdom has been inspired on Osterlind's Poor Man's Book Test, you can read more about his effect in his Six Shooter release:

http://osterlindmysteries.com/store/inde......ts_id=48

For those lazy to open the link, I will copy the premise:

Poor Man's Book Test is anything but poor. You can be walking down the middle of the street and have someone hand you their book. You give them a free choice of a page and they remember the first word on the page. You concentrate and name the word! It's that clean and the book is given back unaltered.

The Eyes of Wisdom was read by Mr. Osterlind and even though he manifested to me he preferred his handling, I liked more my way of doing it. Thus, I decided to share it with the Mentalism community, it's something really simple that works everytime. Setup is minimal and can be done in around 5 seconds.

It's a very simple (but effective) idea, so I decided to price this rather cheap at just 10 pounds (around 16 dollars). For the price, no harm is done and you're getting a real worker, with borrowed books and NO sleight of hand at all. No riffle f***ces either, as they can literally change the page as many times as they want, or even better, hand you the book at a page THEY open freely and you don't ever look.

If all of these conditions ain't fair, then nothing is. There are no f***ces used, you actually get them to think they really choose any word of the first paragraph, as I instruct them to think of the first well known noun they see on the page or the first word they could easily draw in their imagination. Smile

Anyhow, I hope this really gets your minds excited and I hope you enjoy The Eyes of Wisdom.

I'll be delighted to help if you have any questions.

Now Available for purchase at:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-THE-EY......PDF.html

http://andreumind06.wix.com/legion#!newreleases/c16n5

Best,

Andreu.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Pablo, what is the reason why you wont use this?

Regards,
Mike
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Had the chance to read this eBook and I think it offers a good routine for anyone interested in direct choosen word revelation.

It is a nice variation on Poor Man's Book Test, altough I won't be using it, I have my own variation on it and I'm not using even mine as I'm just not a big fan of classic Book Test divinations.

Good job and good luck with your release!

Blessings
Ulrich
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5110 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2014, insight wrote:
Pablo, what is the reason why you wont use this?

Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike.
In this book test you get more "hands off" with the book, but the compromise in method is that you need to use a little bit of something extra.
I prefer to have a little more space in my pocket and still the same effect but with less "hands off" approach.

Just matter of taste. It´s a good solution, but I prefer to keep it ungimmicked in terms of practicality in method.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Eyes of Wisdom by Andreu (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL