The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Craig Petty's Illusions as team building (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Ray,

Does that link mean that you think because it is for sale, it's open season on exposure?

Which question did you answer?
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Jon Allen wrote:
Hi Ray,

Does that link mean that you think because it is for sale, it's open season on exposure?

Which question did you answer?

I'm not trying to answer a question really Jon.

I'm just harping on like a broken record about the fact that , in my option, what Craig is doing is inconsequential in a situation where magic secrets are chucked at anyone with the pennies.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Merlin wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, NYCJoePitt wrote:
as usual, the Café is just blowing a lot of hot air. But then, Caférs seem to enjoy that!

I for one do not enjoy that. And it is the same 4 or 5 every time.

And if you took a poll, I would speculate that most café members are really tired of it.

Phil

By saying that you undermine the reason why this thread exists.

To out unfair exposure within our community.

Are you tired of that?

Worth reflecting on, eh?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Merlin wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, NYCJoePitt wrote:
as usual, the Café is just blowing a lot of hot air. But then, Caférs seem to enjoy that!

I for one do not enjoy that. And it is the same 4 or 5 every time.

And if you took a poll, I would speculate that most café members are really tired of it.

Phil

By saying that you undermine the reason why this thread exists.

To out unfair exposure within our community.

Are you tired of that?

Worth reflecting on, eh?

Another witch !!! Smile

Burn him. Burn him !!!
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
There are much larger scale exposures going on, agreed.

That does not make this right. Another question is how many inconsequentials make a consequential?!

Without looking to get political, does the shooting of an individual not matter to the gun lobby because there are more large scale shootings?
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
So what some of you are saying is that, it is ok to buy Craig's complete catalogue of released material and teach it to a group of interested people for money? No difference to teaching someone else's illusions is it?
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
The outrage grows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9xuXQjx......be_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - Android
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:

That does not make this right. Another question is how many inconsequentials make a consequential?!

Without looking to get political, does the shooting of an individual not matter to the gun lobby because there are more large scale shootings?

Holy mother of God !

Craig has shot someone ?

That puts a whole different complexion on things.

Who did he shoot ?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Ray Chelt wrote:
The outrage grows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9xuXQjx......be_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - Android

Stop stirring things up Ray.
Smile

We know your position here (pro-exposure), no need to fan the flames.
Smile
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
All those who are sticking up for Craig here have a very short memory.

I've still not forgotten about the Dobson fiasco and the Red ripoff, but obviously you have?

Craig has a track record of wrongdoings in our community and those if you who want to turn a blind eye or just brush it under the carpet should be ashamed. Also don't forget that Craig has been more than a "bit mean" (to quote Ross Tayler), to many creators on the WPR if it wasn't so ironic, it would laughable.

Remember the blasting he dished it to Jeff McBride and the trouble he tried to start, including suggesting we boycott his products? It was disgusting to treat someone like that, but I guess you fan boys think that was ok?
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Adam Paul wrote:
All those who are sticking up for Craig here have a very short memory.

I've still not forgotten about the Dobson fiasco and the Red ripoff, but obviously you have?

Craig has a track record of wrongdoings in our community and those if you who want to turn a blind eye or just brush it under the carpet should be ashamed. Also don't forget that Craig has been more than a "bit mean" (to quote Ross Tayler), to many creators on the WPR if it wasn't so ironic, it would laughable.

Remember the blasting he dished out to Jeff McBride and the trouble he tried to start, including suggesting we boycott his products? It was disgusting to treat someone like that, but I guess you fan boys think that was ok?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:

Hey Jon-

I don't know if gun lobby or NRA are good analogies my friend.

NRA here in the USA does not care about big or small shootings - they simply exist to make sure anyone and everyone can own a gun. Period. Killings and shootings are ignored and irrelevent to the gun lobby. that's just a fact.

Lets stick with the main subject which is exposure.

Even if Craig et al does have participants sign a non-disclosure, is it really wise to *** our secrets out in the name of making $$$? For people who probaby mostly never had a passing interest in magic?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
I'm not a Craig fan boy and have not shied away from criticism in the past.

And I am not sure I back him in this. Although I fail to see much harm in it, but non hobbyists will have a more valid pov.

But what I am doing is mocking you and your ilk.

Arch stirrer and Craig baiter Jamie F has set you all off like little clockwork toys and the incandescent hysteria over this is ridiculous.

Here's a thought, Google "team building with magic" and see just how prevalent this is.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The starred out word rhymes with "lore"
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
The funny farm
166 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Quote:
Here's a thought, Google "team building with magic" and see just how prevalent this is.

Yes, but they are teaching people how to do the 21 card trick or the jumping rubber band, not how to fudge their way through a performance using apparatus that costs thousands and that is in the acts of professional illusionists worldwide.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, funnymagic wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but they are teaching people how to do the 21 card trick or the jumping rubber band, not how to fudge their way through a performance using apparatus that costs thousands and that is in the acts of professional illusionists worldwide.

Do you see that Smile Funnymagic is saying its okay to divulge some magic.

Burn him !!! Burn him !!!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Hi Craig !!!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Hey scoops,

Whilst you and Craig are both lurking about the Café.

Why don't you PM him to get his side of the story.

It's what Lois would do.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
In fact, instead of hiding in the (very small) crowd, I would encourage everybody who is hurling abuse to contact Craig and express their views mano a mano.

Go on, don't be scared.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
In fact, instead of hiding in the (very small) crowd, I would encourage everybody who is hurling abuse to contact Craig and express their views mano a mano.

Go on, don't be scared.

Ray Chelt, troublemaker extraordinaire!

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Craig Petty's Illusions as team building (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL