The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vegas trip in two weeks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi all. Going to Vegas on July 6-10. Any recommendations?
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2680 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Outside of mentalism, check out the BlueMan Group!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
To see mentalism that is...Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Always wanted to see them.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Not mentalism, but make it a point to see Mac King at Harrah's. You won't regret it. Guaranteed.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Copperfield's show is excellent at the MGM. Many of the audience involvement effects were developed by B Smith and Chris Kenner. Super show.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
I enjoyed Volcano Eruption at Mirage! I was also at Gerry McCambridge's mentalism show, not bad, but not great either. Effects probably won't fool you, but his style is entertaining. Enjoy!

Blessings
Ulrich
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks all. I forgot all about Mac, and that's the second recommendation I have received to see Gerry. My wife was glancing at the Copperfield show just the other day. So many things to do in four days!
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Just came back from Vegas - Copperfield was brilliant as always (seen him twice there now) but mentalism you got Gerry but didn't manage to see him - although would be very interested in seeing his performance
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
As mentioned earlier, Copperfield's act at MGM is first-rate and well worth seeing. My family and I attended in March 2012. Very enjoyable.
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Copperfield it's a must, even though not at his best, and quite short.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Heka Siosiri wrote:

I disagree.

It was a normal length if show and his work seems to have improved over the years with far more audience involvement in a smaller more intimate venue.

I've seen his touring show many times over the years and it was a bigger show with more illusions but also less intimate.

Copperfield is a must see.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, PRINCE wrote:
Just came back from Vegas - Copperfield was brilliant as always (seen him twice there now) but mentalism you got Gerry but didn't manage to see him - although would be very interested in seeing his performance

Gerry was just fair IMO.

Good to support a mentalist though.
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Heka Siosiri wrote:

I disagree.

It was a normal length if show and his work seems to have improved over the years with far more audience involvement in a smaller more intimate venue.

I've seen his touring show many times over the years and it was a bigger show with more illusions but also less intimate.

Copperfield is a must see.

Exactly. I grew up watching him making disappears planes and giant statues. Smile
myrealsphinx
View Profile
New user
Brazil
79 Posts

Profile of myrealsphinx
Yes. Copperfield is a MUST SEE... I was hoping to see the guy that inspired the mentalist show, but didn't have a day off... Smile
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle, WA
491 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Not mentalism, but make it a point to see Mac King at Harrah's. You won't regret it. Guaranteed.

Mac King is awesome and tickets are very cheap. He does an afternoon show.

So check him out during the day and you still have your night free.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1617 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Mac King is my #1 Vegas recommendation always. You know it's good when your face hurts from smiling.

Phill
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2491 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
My last time in Vegas I saw Gerry McCambridge, P&T and Copperfield but the thing that inspired me the most was watching Paul Vigil in a parlor setting. Everything he did appeared effortless and he just exuded confidence and class. First rate performance all around. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's still performing public shows, or is he?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
I would put Mac King #1 on my list. Copperfield...ho hum.

Don't miss Mac. Funniest and funnest show by far.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Mac is great. Pay the extra for the better seats if given an option of 2 prices. It is a very small difference, and I wound up 2nd row, center.

I had seen Copperfield 8 times in my life, but not at al in the past 10 years. I decided to see him in Vegas, and he had a fair amount of new material. I enjoyed the show quite a bit.

Penn & Teller also deliver a helluva performance.

All three of these shows can be seen by purchasing discounted tickets on the day of the show at Tix 4 Tonight.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vegas trip in two weeks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL