We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » If you could really read someone's mind (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Yano
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Yano
What information would you want to know about someone if you really could read their mind? I'm just trying to brainstorm some ideas for a routine.

Heres what I can think of at the moment; I would like to hear your ideas:
Name
??
??
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Maybe downstairs would be better in case anyone slips up on too much info?
I've asked to be banned
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
586 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Is she single.
Is she interested.
Does she have her own teeth.

While I'm serious about the above, it also emphasises my belief that if mind reading really did exist, the things we mentalists currently reveal would be some of the last things we would actually want to know.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Sex & money. All the rest is padding. Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, Voodini wrote:

Nailed it!
'Curiouser and curiouser."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Their biggest, darkest secret...not to blackmail them, just to be nosy...
I've asked to be banned
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, Yano wrote:
What information would you want to know about someone if you really could read their mind? I'm just trying to brainstorm some ideas for a routine.

Heres what I can think of at the moment; I would like to hear your ideas:
Name
??
??

Is he really cares about reading his mind Smile
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think you would be bored shi-t-less if you could read minds. I reckon most people think the same mundane tripe.

Now if I could make anyone do anything instantly that would be interesting for a couple of weeks at least..
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
From a practical standpoint, you'd want to know their honesty, ethics and morality. You'd want to know their biggest worry, their biggest hope, their biggest joy. You'd also want to know when they're lying.

You'd hope to be able to parse what they don't consciously know about that's hindering them, and you'd want to know their biggest ego-trap.

That would give you a pretty good reading, and a good overview of them as a person for all your own personal reasons.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
That can be achieved in a short conversation you don't need any special "ESP".

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
From a practical standpoint, you'd want to know their honesty, ethics and morality. You'd want to know their biggest worry, their biggest hope, their biggest joy. You'd also want to know when they're lying.

You'd hope to be able to parse what they don't consciously know about that's hindering them, and you'd want to know their biggest ego-trap.

That would give you a pretty good reading, and a good overview of them as a person for all your own personal reasons.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Well when you really stop to think about it... it wouldn't take more than a few days of telling them what they were thinking before you'd say alright, that's enough, leave me alone now! However, you could certainly have some fun with practical jokes and playing with peoples heads.

So, maybe that's a premise to explore with an effect... hmmm...
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Might be interesting to read their minds so you know what they really think about you. You might not like it though.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2211 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
If you really could read minds as an ability unique to you, it would be a matter of "power corrupts". Unless you were very Hobbit-like. Seriously, it is an interesting theatrical question, especially with the proliferation of super hero movies, because it could make you into a crime-buster; police consultant or world's greatest thief.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
I can read minds for real but I'm not telling anyone (besides here in this quasi anonymity).
I use it for my own selfish reasons and I read quite a lot of disturbing s*it all day long.
I'm not telling anyone, because this ability gives me the edge over almost anyone, which I probably wouldn't have without it.

who knows, at some point in the future I might think different and would use this power for the sake of humanity but for now I just like to have some fun.

btw : Mr Voodini is pretty spot on Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8772 Posts

Profile of funsway
Consider that if you could "connect with another mind" they could also read yours! Can you insure that only those thoughts you wish to be revealed are sent? Can you shield yourself from non-permissive mental plundering?

If not, then why would you wish to engage in such an activity? If yes, then why would not the other person be able to also?

Notice that performers like "Bob" only read minds of those who have given him permission to do so - and then only under certain conditions and skits. Folks buy into this approach of pretending at mind reading, which gives an indication of how they would feel about having their mind read for real.

Telepathy (real or pretend) can be a wonderful thing if not invasive or manipulative. Methinks that if you "stole thoughts" or committed "mental assault you would be held accountable ethically or legally at some point.

Do you really wish to read minds?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Why is my name in quotation marks? It's really my "name".
The Forgotten One
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of The Forgotten One
If I could read minds I probably would be using it for practical things when I really want to know what others are thinking. I believe mind reading just for fun would become boring very fast, because people think just everyday thoughts.

Of course making money from it would be tempting, but... Would I like to reveal I really can be reading minds? And what happen after that? Fame and big money or would I be test subject?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Tru Blood
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
"real telepathy" is quite possibly "something else"...its just if we want to believe something is true, then we re-arrange facts to reinforce those beliefs...

"thanks"
I've asked to be banned
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, Voodini wrote:

Ah, at last an honest man in the Café! Now shut up and give me your hand so I can read your fortune!
You do have a fortune, don't you?
Cuz if you don't we can end our affair right here!
While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.

xxx Morgaine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » If you could really read someone's mind (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL