The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mickey Silver's vid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Hello all. Where does one find this video? I have heard so much about this vanish and have yet to see it. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks to all in advance!! Smile
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I will have to disagree with Vinny on this one. Mickeys handling is quite a difference from all the other ones out there and that is why it looks the way it does. With all due respect to David Roth, his looks fantastic, but doesn't have the same convincingness as Mickeys.

I hope to hear from Mickey soon about the plans for the DVD/Book deal(s) that are being bandied about.

Kirk
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Kirk my friend why do you disagree with me?In due time Mickey might tip it ,By not tipping the move Mickey keeps himself in demand// This is the main reason Armando is in so much demand..

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I dunno about this one, but as much as I'd like to know how the trick is done I would also have to agree with Vinny. It is a great effect but I think the longer the wait for the DVD/Video the more in demand it will be. Plus like Vinny said "By not tipping the move Mickey keeps himself in demand." Like I said before as much as I'd love to know the secret, some time may have to go by before I do.

-Bill
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I'm also not sure about this one. I REALLY want to learn how to do it, but I see Vinny's point.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
All great teachers are remembered fondly and forever. Mickey has that potential. He has a great idea and a big heart. I will be surprised to find that the only reason he put out the demo's was just to raise awareness. Yes, he is on everyones tongue now, but I expect that will not diminish when the instruction begins. Then we will be able to see where the next generation takes the move. Kind of like how we think of David Roth now.

Kirk
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2004-01-19 09:55, vinsmagic wrote:
Mickey please do not release your retention vanish.
The reason Armando Lucero is in so much demand is because he refused to tip is beautiful matrix.
Your technique on the retention vanish is just as powerful as as Armando's..
A year and a half ago hardly any one knew who Armando was ,The same can be said about Mickey Silver

your friend
vinny

I agree with vinny 100%!!Pleas do not releas this as it is one of the few things in magic that should be kept away from the general magic population...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Kirk your point is very valid, But remember most great artists and teachears died BROKE.
I personaly would like to see Mickey do a lecture and then charge 40 dollars for some notes and still not reveal his method just like Armando did at his lecture. I look foward for Mickey doing two weeks straight at the Magic Castle performing his coin magic.Mickey like Armando shopuld be rewarded

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
How could they die BROKE with all those Silver Coins lying around? Smile I agree...a lecture would be nice, as well as getting his move published somehow. I think Mickey deserves some protection of his version of the retention vanish...the S.U.V., as well as his name in the record books.

I have a pretty decent retention, and his fooled me repeatedly over and over. Just for the fact that the coin can "always" be in the hand is Killer...it killed me. I watched it several minutes and knew he was doing the steal on the second showing of the coin...I laugh about it now, knowing I was so wrong. So much more goes on with his handling than can even be described in my opinion. His facial expressions keep the magic alive, even in his eyes. Did I mention he looks a bit like Richard Gere Smile

To make a long story short...the demo is awesome. I watched it over and over last night. The magic is real, and the guy is made of gold. One more thing...I'll be very honest here. I accidentally dropped a coin in my mouth three times after watching this tape... Smile

Sincerely,

John Eddington
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi guys,

Had the chance to see mickeys stuff on video and for the first time of my life ill please tell anyone
PLEASE BELIEVE THE HYPE AROUND mickey silver coin magic !!!!!

I was fooled badly by his rov and more again by his coin in the mouth, last time I was fooled like that on video is when I saw Kaps perform the 11 bills trick !!!

Mickey silver coin magic is the best thing I ever saw on coins!!!
I totally agree with one of you who say that if he doesn't released it soon, he might be ripped of at a cheap price ....
I agree also with the fact that he oculk keep his secret and wait...

hope he might come to lecture in France !!!

... his coin through ear is awsome too !!!

If you look for a name replacing coin Magic you can use Mickey silver for me, his for now one of my reference !!!!

thanks a lot again to the man.
a fan from France.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I think some of us do deserve to get a good d.v.d with
just the vanish on it.What I mean is for us as magicians and consumers to get an excellent technique
taught well.The routines and the magic may or may not
come for some of us...
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mickey Silver's vid (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL