The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » First experience with Tarot. WOW! (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
You are such a powerful man! Do you have your own religion already?

You seems to be interested in talking about yourself, can you finally tell us these "logical scientific reasons"?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Please don't!

i have read the cards and know how it ends...

it ends with another for a man who cant resist the Café, despite slating the place all the time!
I've asked to be banned
jeremymar
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jeremymar
No.
jeremymar
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jeremymar
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, Ulrich wrote:
You are such a powerful man! Do you have your own religion already?

You seems to be interested in talking about yourself, can you finally tell us these "logical scientific reasons"?

No.
jeremymar
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jeremymar
But yes. I do have my own church. Alas I think I am the only member.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
And this was going so nice. Oh well!
jeremymar
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jeremymar
Not my fault, old chap. I was merely dealing with the impertinence of a rude foreign gentleman and an even ruder former student of mine. Alas it is the burden of the teacher to have students who think they have overtaken the master. And please note that I was not the first one to offer rudeness. I was merely making an educational statement thus

"I must have done thousands upon thousands of tarot readings since 1987. I believe 100% in it's power. There is no trickery used at all and this is the best way to approach it. The Tarot is REAL and works for logical scientific reasons. As for so called "cold reading" that is a very silly concept and should never be used in a reading. It borders on fraudulent practice and I cannot possibly approve."

which is terribly polite but alas on making the statement, instead of the multitude recognising the great wisdom therof I was attacked without justification. I never attack anyone unless they attack me first so all that is required for proper decorum is for people to bow down respectfully in the manner to which I am accustomed and then everything will proceed in a perfectly civil manner.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
jeremymar
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jeremymar
Furthermore in response to the former student I must inform him that I have never "slated" the Café, merely a large percentage of the members who, alas have a lot to learn and even more alas are terribly rude and do not respect their elders. I have the uttermost respect for the moderators who have a terribly hard job. They are ***ed if they do and ***ed if they don't. And poor old Steve Brooks has a terrible amount of abuse heaped upon him online with very rude people calling him "Brookenfuehrer" and other awful insults. I have read somewhere or other that he has had hateful phone calls and other communications. And the poor moderators are insulted by name on all sorts of forums and magic sites. It must be quite trying for them. All they are doing is trying hard to keep the place in order and keep out the riff raff and banned members who keep coming back no matter what they do. I know one chap who has been returning for years and they can't keep the disgraceful fellow out no matter what they do. Which is a little surprising because the fellow in question is quite computer illiterate. I think the best solution is to give up and just let him be since he will be anyway and it will save them a lot of time and energy. After all, as the old saying goes, if you can't beat 'em then join 'em. And they obviously can't beat him since they have been trying since the Café opened.

See Iain. I obviously have the good of the magic Café at heart.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
You won't believe what happens next.
jeremymar
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jeremymar
Oh, I know perfectly well what will happen next but I will be back within the hour so there isn't much point. I may even complain about it on the See the Manager Section. I think that WILL be amusing! After all, what is the point of banning people if you are not much good at it?
The Forgotten One
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of The Forgotten One
Wait, what happened to this topic? This started so beautiful.

Oh well.

First post was wonderful in this topic! It sound like that Tarot session went exactly how it should be. No trickery, no playing psychic or trying to get hits. Tarots are great tool for helping others and that is how people should see Tarots.

It is always interesting to see how different people in different country see things. Here people just know Tarot cards as their "original form" and they would be really p***ed if they would get something else than genuine reading.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Lets not forget what this topic was about...

Quote:
On Jun 26, 2014, BlakeAdams wrote:
Well. I have been a mentalist for a while....a long time and I never dabbled in Tarot. I viewed tarot readers as psychics. People who use the craft of mentalism/cold reading to say they know the future. Just pay fifty bucks and they will tell you what the future will hold. Again, I am a mentalist but I'm also a Baptist Pastor. Lol seriously

So the other weekend, I was hired to do a show in Sedona Arizona (beautiful place)....Also it seemed like the capital of new age stuff and tarot readings. I was hired for a corporate event and they paid for my wife to join me also.. IT was a great show with some great people and my wife and I got a great little vacation. While we were there I wanted to experience my first tarot reading. Obviously I was skeptical and just wanted to see if they were good at cold reading and see if I could learn some.

I must say I was nervous, I expected the person to tell me my future. I expected it to be cheesy, I expected it to be a big hoax.

Instead.....what I experienced was life changing. It was amazing.

When I set down with the reader and I told him what I do...Mentalist/pastor I expected him to be nervous. I expected a cringe in his face like I found him out, or that I knew the tricks of the trade or that I knew he was a fraud. Instead, it didn't bother him at all, almost didn't seem to care.

He began with an astrological tick sheet that was great....he then asked if I would mined him using the cards. I told him I didn't.

Then he used the cards,,,,,,,,(again I know nothing of tarot) and he made two rows after I shuffled them. He would turn one card over at a time....tell me its meaning and ask how it fit with me. I would rack my brain to think.....at first I didn't want to give him any information, I thought he should know it or tell me. Then something changed....i realized that was not the point.....he truly wanted to know what that card meant to me. I began to open up as he turned over more cards and he began to tell a story about my life. Ways I might need to change and over come addiction. We talked about my father and mother, about my childhood and then what my goals in life were.

Being a pastor, I know a little about counseling . I also have been to therapist.....and that's what this tarot reader was to me.....one of the best therapist I have ever been to. It was funny, he never claimed to be psychic...he said he hates that word. he just used the cards to help me open up, to help me understand myself better.

I walked away in aww. I expected a psychic reading. I expected a hoax....I didn't know I would experience one of the best counseling session in my life.

My friends, is that Tarot? If so, then it was beautiful.
I've asked to be banned
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I appreciate everyones comments.
Because of this experiences, I have been reading a lot of information about reading tarot. I began my journey with Kennton Knepper and the Complete Guide to the Tarot by Gray Eden. Im really enjoying it. What other material would y'all suggest?

Also, with the way the tarot was presented to me,i have no problem being a Christian doing tarot.....lol I'm actually a pastor. Am I missing something, should a pastor (lol baptist) not dabble in tarot? This might not be the place to talk about this, but I love yalls opinions.

I hope this does not stir up a hornets nest.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
No chance of that here.

You might be advised to ask your flock their opinion. They'll tell you 'No.' It'll save you the embarassment of being thrown out of your church for dancing with the devil.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Lol very true.....i would get a no from them....but I'm curious what y'all think.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Interesting article
http://www.tarotwisdomreadings.com/FAQ/t......ion.html

personally speaking people shouldn't have a problem with the tarot, its certainly not occult or even mystical in my opinion...
I've asked to be banned
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Great Article, thanks Iain
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Oh no. Not again.

Smile
'Curiouser and curiouser."
jeremymar
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jeremymar
OK. Let me tell you all a true story. This will be of particular interest to Blake I think. Pay attention class. I expect I am the only person here who does psychic readings full time. Years ago I used to do hotel readings. I would arrive in a town and advertise free seminars on psychic subjects. This was to sell private hour long sessions in the hotel the next day. One day I was surprised to see a nun in full religious habit. She sat very grim looking in the audience with her arms tightly folded. At the point where I opened the floor to questions she was quite aggresive in asking very sceptical questions about the wickedness of it all. I answered them in, of course my usual brilliant manner. However, she didn't look terribly convinced. Naturally she didn't book a reading the next day!

However, a couple of years later I went back to the same town and indeed the same hotel. I used to advertise in the local paper before I arrived at the town that I was returning and of course phone calls would come in booking appointments. One particular lady did just that. However, most people remove their coat when they arrive. She had a very large and long coat which she refused to remove. I thought this was odd but then realised that this was the very nun who had cross examined me so carefully a couple of year previousl. She had her full habit on underneath the overcoat and was obviously trying to hide it. But I recognised her nevertheless.

Now all readings are private and I cannot detail her issues here. I shall merely say that one of these issues was a conflict of spirituality. It was obvious that she came to me very reluctantly and even a little scared. I was therefore as gentle with her as I am with all my clients. First I read her palm which impressed her greatly. However, when I started to do the Tarot she became very apprehensive and finally she had to blurt out, "Is this evil?" I told her, "No Sister. I believe God sent you here to me today" And you know what? I believe he did.

There is a spiritual element in what I do. And yes a psychic one too. I pray for my clients, before the reading if I have time and I pray for them silently during the reading and they have no idea that I am doing it. However, I don't believe in God but I pray anyway. God knows why. And you can take that last sentence any way you like.

Now you may say, "How can you tell the woman that God sent her to you if you don't believe in God?" The answer is that I have no idea. I DO believe that God sent her but yet I don't believe he exists. Contradictory? Perhaps. I will let you figure it out. I haven't yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » First experience with Tarot. WOW! (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL