The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield on Tv tonight...interesting. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
For those illusionist out there, Rick Dale from American Restoration visits Davids warehouse to restore a couple pieces. Not your typical Copperfield tv spot...didn't want anyone to miss something different from David. Figured Grand Illusion was best place for this...will post in tv section as well. Smile

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/20......1367361/
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
It should be a fun one to watch.
Thanks for the tip.
Bob.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Was a great episode....very cool old pieces most of us will never experience or see in person. Was fun to watch! Smile
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I thought the goat ride was just odd.
I didn't care for it, but Dave was
happy with it and that's all that
matters. Where did he get that thing
anyway?

The knife board was the best I've ever
seen, post restoration. We all know Dave
has his go to guys for restorations.

It was nice to see him go with someone
outside of our community to explore the
possibilities from a different perspective.
It paid great dividends.

The tree bark design on the facia was
supremely well done and deceptive.

David was a very gracious participant
of the restoration show. He came across
very well and the live demonstration of
the knife board was very enjoyable.

David even initiated a new member into
The Lodge after the goat initiation.
The second secret ritual was performed
off camera of course.

Enjoy your new pieces David, because I know
you're reading this! :wink:
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Devious, I agree was a great spot for him. I'm going to say one of my favorite because he wasn't being David the magician, but David as just himself in which we don't see a lot. Showing his unique interests, ideas, and collections. My favorite part was when they later found out what David thought was the gun portion was really the goat sound. Not pointing out he was wrong, but shows we are all in a state of learning. We often see David as perfect, but even he learns something new everyday. His eyes lit up when he was told it was actually the goat noise maker and not the blank gun. Great experience to witness.

Most club initiations and pranks/games are pointless, much like the goat. Its entertainment for those members to laugh at an underclassman one more time. Almost a competition between clubs on who can be original yet strange and crazy. The goat was strange but funny at the same time. "Hey lets make them ride blind a goat that goes upside down, throw in a goat sound and then loud bang like we shot the goat." Very cool to see how they pranked back then. Much different than now.

The knife board was amazing and a great initiation piece. Very cool to see props from that company. Would have been fun to work there as well. Smile

Devious, was there another story about initiations he did, or off camera material? More interested to see if he talked more about these pieces and his interest in them. I've collected some older sideshow stuff, so really enjoy hearing about these type of props.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The Death Saw at the back... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
maousus
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maousus
Thanks for sharing this wonderful clip, get to see a rare side of a master of our time~awesome!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield on Tv tonight...interesting. (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL