The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Traveling with close up mats (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagik
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, VA
89 Posts

Profile of aussiemagik
I assume a poster mailing tube is best for traveling. I remember something about rolling a close up mat either bottom to the inside or top to the inside to prevent peeling between the two halves. I can't remember which it goes. Can anyone help?
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
A poster mailing tube is a good idea. Roll it top to the outside to prevent wrinkling of the material.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
210 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Rolling you mat as loose as possible is best. Fabric to the outside is correct. God Job Doug. Pattrick
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
210 Posts

Profile of pattrick
I have just received my first order of custom made nylon drawstring cases to transport mats to your gigs. Cost is $10.00 plus shipping. See a picture @ www.pattricksmagic.com and E mail me at pattrick@pattricksmagic.com for ordering. Thank You. Patrick
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
I carry my mats in short umbrella cases left over from broken umbrellas that have been tossed.
It's free and makes me feel good that I'm recycling the case.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I purchased some soft side cases at Hobby Lobby that are designed for carrying art works. They work very well for protecting my close-up pads and come in many
different sizes.

Have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
KarstenMeyerhoff
View Profile
New user
Germany
87 Posts

Profile of KarstenMeyerhoff
Here's something I use:

http://www.boesner.com/shop/aufbewahrung......gsmappen

Yeah, it's in German, but you'll get the idea ... Comes in all kinds of materials and sizes,
even with handles on it:

http://www.boesner.com/shop/aufbewahrung......koffer-1

Of course, you only need something like this if you mat doesn't wear crumpling very well,
but then: Many mats don't ...
My two cents - €-cents, that is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Traveling with close up mats (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL