We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Looking to join my local IBM (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thank you, Ba...i had planned to attend the summit, but bookings have usurped the time slot. I welcome any and all ideas you may develop there.

Tim - Brilliant! We are discussing the idea of an I.B.M. Lecture Bureau. That is precisely the kind of ideas we need. The second suggestion is interesting and I will submit it to the Committee for discussion. One point along that line, the I.B.M. may be naturally hesitant to extend benefits of this nature to Rings that include non-I.B.M. Members ... Members who aren't supporting the I.B.M.. I consider that a fair point.

The I.B.M. Endowment and Development Committee is offering a $1000 educational benefit to any Ring boasting 100% I.B.M. Membership. That money will go a long way towards supporting Ring lectures and workshops. I believe details can be found in the most recent convention issue of the Linking Ring (A benefit to getting the magazine!).

We welcome more ideas and suggestions along these lines. Please don't hold back. I personally would love to see the I.B.M. become more proactive in local Ring, member, and TVP support. This is my goal and I know it is shared by others on the Exec. committee.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
567 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2014, Skip Way wrote:
We welcome more ideas and suggestions along these lines. Please don't hold back. I personally would love to see the I.B.M. become more proactive in local Ring, member, and TVP support. This is my goal and I know it is shared by others on the Exec. committee.

In Michigan, I email I.B.M. members several times per month with various magic related news. I also have an EVENTS page available on my website. ( http://www.johnlukamagic.com/mi/events.html ) This enables Michigan Magicians to see what's going on magically in the state.

John Luka
TVP for Michigan
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
As someone who is also interested in joining the IBM and the ring in the UK (ring 25 I believe) I have a question. Is it a normal thing to have to pay both dues to the IBM parent organisation alongside a separate fee to the IBM ring itself? I was looking at the British Ring website and they have a separate set of "dues" that they charge for membership that effectively doubles the overall subscription and I just wondered if that was normal? Thanks in advance to any response.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, that's normal. Some local Rings charge dues to pay for the room, snacks, financing lectures, internal publications, whatever.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
I like Linking Ring, but it's not as good as Magic or Genii

www.eliascaress.com
markschou
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
30 Posts

Profile of markschou
Is anyone a member in Boston? I am wanting to join. I haven't been a member since I was like 15, and back then it was a small group of men complaining about stuff. This was in NY. I want to know if anyone can give me some insight on the benefits of joining.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Looking to join my local IBM (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL